BGC Mega Flow Intake

Tow Man

Is anyone using this intake? Pro's, Con's and other mods needed during installation?

Thanks

BGC intake

Imo, if you are going to put it on the GN listed in the signature, you will see little to zero improvement in performance. [The sig doesn't mention any cyl head changes.] I think you have a combo now that will go as far as stock heads and such will allow.

I have a BGC on my car.. but it has the heads and cam to support the added flow. It works ok. No big problems putting it on.
Some of them were milled in the ports to make it fit on-center engines. Mine was.

PS; If you don't use it, call Nick Micale in Phoenix, Az. He needs one!!;) ;)

Thanks Chuck.

That's the reason I ask. Heads and cam are the next logical step. I don't have the intake yet, just wondering if it's worth buying instead of porting and milling off the egr tower in the stock manifold.

Does this manifold come with it's own plenum or do you use the accufab or hemco?

I basiacally want to know if it's a worth while purchase when used with a capable combination.

BGC?

TM, the manifold as sold new, had the plenum, fuel rails, and brackets to fasten them to the manifold. It also included the hardware. Aftermkt plenums won't fit. As I recall, sold for about $600.
I would determine the value of the piece by deciding how fast you want to go.
IMO, if you stay w/ the stock block and heads, then I'd stay w/ the modified stock intake. A stage engine can benefit more from the BGC.
My production combo went well into the 10's, dragging w/ it, a goodly number of tuning issues. The manifold and heads were Ruggles ported stockers, and a production short block.

Lastly, you will most likely have to "scrounge" a manifold, if you decide on the BGC. Don't think there are any being produced, and if they are, you best go back and check the archives on dealing w/ those guys, before you hand out a CC# ...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: