BG Nats has been postponed Come on out to the Tx Motorplex for some Buick fun

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
This is from the V8 board... here is the direct link No GS Nationals? Come to the Texas Motorplex with the Buick Boys - V8Buick.com

Since the GS Nationals has been re-scheduled for October, I was wondering what to do with the free time next weekend. I called my good friend Curtis Roys and invited him and all the "Buick Boys" to come to Dallas next weekend and go drag racing at the Texas Motorplex, and I wanted to invite anyone else interested to come and have some fun with us. If you don't know the Buick Boys, then I would strongly suggest you come and meet them - they know how to have a good time! They are all great guys, and have some really nice and fast Buicks! Although we will not have a swap meet or car show, we will have one of the nations nicest drag strips that is 100% concrete that has great traction. There is plenty of room in the pits with free parking and security overnight.

"Fast Friday" May 14th is a test and tune/grudge races that is open from 7pm-12am. It costs $15 to race, and $10 to spectate.

Saturday May 15th and Sunday May 16th is the O'reilly Bracket Racing Series with several classes, and the entry fee varies between $15 for Trophy Class to $70 for Super Pro. $10 spectator admission.

I am waiting to hear back from the track personnel to see if we can get a club discount for entry fees for anyone who is a member of the GSCA or BPG and I will let you know what they say. Check out the website at Texas Motorplex - NHRA Drag Racing for more info and hotels close to the track.

Anyone interested in meeting us there? If you can't make it to Texas, then maybe you can arrange for a similar event in your area. Just don't stay home if you have the time off and your car is ready to run - go somewhere and have some fun - BUICK style!