BG 2010 Update Thread.....

You're welcome, Mike. That's the way I am, always have been....when I see a car that just jumps out at me as being such a beautiful work of art, I just have to say something about it. That was my reaction of yours.

Since 16? I'm so envious. At 16 I was driving a '26 Ford Model T to high school. (in 1964-66) Those Regals weren't even thought of yet. (like yours) My T was the slowest car in the graduating class. No girl wanted to go parking with me down at the river because it was mostly all glass surrounding the cockpit. (It was a doctor's coupe, that's the name of it, sat real tall, all windows) Real hot four cylinder engine......0-60 in about 39 minutes.:rolleyes: But I could never get it to go over 35. Real hot rodder, eh?

Well, you've got that thing looking just gorgious. Very nice job.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Sean road out a big wheel stand from what I hear and Jason White went a 9.08 @149 (the 8 is close!) Those Cruz engines and Jason's tunes are working well!!

It is no secret how to go 9.90's in a THS car. You call up Don Cruz and tell him to build you a solid 11 sec street motor (very true) and the thing runs 10's on the first pass:eek:. (think if it told him to build a THS motor) (Been beating on the motor for over 2 years with only changing the oil,plugs and adding gas :cool:) Then you get Jason White to build a 200R4 tranny to take the abuse that my right foot and Don's motor puts on it. You call up Cal and Holly for part prices and service that is hard to beat. Get Jason White to tune it (the mad tuner of both #1 qualifiers in TSM and THS). I just put the helmet on and drive that 11 sec street car down the track at 9.90. (four passes made with the slowest at 10.09) I could have done it without these guys.

I am sure the time I laid down will not take long to beat, but it stands for now and will remain the FIRST 9.xx THS pass in qualifying and eliminations.

I got to witness that pass and it was SWEET!!! Congratulations thats quite a feat!! Mike:cool:

So does anybody know who won TSM and some of the other HU classes like THS? I heard Harmon won TSO. Please post up some results if you have them.

THS - David Day
TSM - Jason White
TSO - Gary Harmon
TSA - Clay Arnold

Hope that helps,Kip

Some Quick shots from car show :D
I have some nice wheelie pics I will get up later.

img9575c.jpg

img9578.jpg

img9582q.jpg

img9602.jpg

That's my street car in the top photo. We went 10.16 on DRs with more left in it. A 9 is just a few pounds of boost away. I was pleased with it especially being a stock cube/non-stroker engine. Now if they'd just allow my 9inch rear end in THS. :rolleyes:

I heard a lot of talk about moving this event to October but comparing to past years we normally get a lot more rain this time of year. Either way the weather was great. We'll be back next time with a new combo in the green car lookin' for some low 7s.

Way to go Sean! Way to go Jason! And to the rest of the winners Hi 5 for ya!

Can't wait for Reynolds!!!

Someone say wheelies? Hope this isn't too large for the forums. I picked out the good ones.

img9654c.jpg

img9657w.jpg

img9683q.jpg

img9703g.jpg

img9707i.jpg

img9708.jpg

Thanks for snapping a pic of SloGN, i'm the gn with the GNX tag on the front. I also think that's jamie in the Hot-air beside me too!

thats a killer pic

Wow, congrats Jason White!!! I heard a rumor that somebody called Scott Simpson and claimed Jason had NOS on the TSM car and it was torn down looking for the elusive bottle. Seems that when you go fast some think you must be cheating or even some say it never happened!!!!! :rolleyes:

Scott didn't get the call and was, from what I can tell a gentleman about it. It was actually another racer who recevied the supposed call. Jason was gentleman enough to let them fondle over his motor to check things out just to prove he was on the up and up. This is the type of **** that causes **** where there shouldn't be. Over all it was a great event and this was the only issue of it's kind that I am aware of.

Regardless of who received the call, it is my job as RRA to address matters. Car was looked over - no problem, no foul.:smile:

THS - David Day
TSM - Jason White
TSO - Gary Harmon
TSA - Clay Arnold

Hope that helps,Kip

Did they run TSS & TSE this year?

What was approx. car count in all the classes?

K.

Did they run TSS & TSE this year?

What was approx. car count in all the classes?

K.

TSS had 1 car, so he decided to run with THS which brought us up to 17 cars.

TAI had 8 cars

Not sure on the other classes.

Some pics from Saturday.

MISCPICS021.jpg

MISCPICS019.jpg

MISCPICS017.jpg

MISCPICS015.jpg

MISCPICS013.jpg

It was really good to see everyone again. Weather was great and I really hope they move the Nats to this time next year.

Congrats to all the class winners and congrats to Sean Hayes for the 1st 9 second pass in THS. Very impressive for a real street car.

Patrick