BG 2010 Update Thread.....

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
I am at home.... was hoping you guys that know some info.....could update us folks not fortunate enought to be able to come.......

Perfect weather. The track is hooking well, lots of personal best 60 foots. Decent turnout certainly not the biggest, but I have seen thinner crowds.

The times I post are guesstimates as I didn't write anything down, going off memory alone and I certainly didn't see every pass. So if I missed any specific class or car, sorry.

Gallina Freeman car went 6.89 @ 204 I believe.

Fastest TAI car I saw was a 10.28.

Fastest THS car I saw was 10.30ish.

Fastest TSA car I saw was low 12s.

Saw many TSM cars below 9.60 but dont recall exact times or names.

Jack Cotton was running 8.60s

Most of the really fast cars were just running the eigth mile and letting off. Saving it for qualifying and elims on saturday.

Most of the really fast cars were just running the eigth mile and letting off. Saving it for qualifying and elims on saturday.
that just proves that the TurboBuick.Com Nationals are better... it is only 1/8 mile racing & those that fear there combo can scatter parts after just a few 1/4 mile passes should embrace the 1/8 mile racing. :tongue:

Noone has started an official picture thread yet so I was able to get ones like these. There are lots of people taking pics but I think Im the only one with this one ;)

I believe this was after a 6 second pass:eek:

Attachments

• Freeman.jpg
    Freeman.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 946
330,000 mile GN

Stop by the GNS tent to see an all original 330,000 mile Grand National and speak to the owner on how he has kept it up all these years! Stock turbo, stock timing chain!!!! :eek:

His name is Bob and him and his car will be at our tent all day today (friday)...

Scot W.

that just proves that the TurboBuick.Com Nationals are better... it is only 1/8 mile racing & those that fear there combo can scatter parts after just a few 1/4 mile passes should embrace the 1/8 mile racing. :tongue:

There were lots of full throttle passes even through the 1320. Saw a few 7 second passes and plenty of 8s as well. I'd say that is actually pretty smart on their part.

More pics please:biggrin: for us poor sob's that could not make it:rolleyes:

Kevin

Stop by the GNS tent to see an all original 330,000 mile Grand National and speak to the owner on how he has kept it up all these years! Stock turbo, stock timing chain!!!! :eek:

His name is Bob and him and his car will be at our tent all day today (friday)...

Scot W.

scot i have only been stopping by vendors tents that are giving out candy. so a for a little fyi... i like kit kats :cool:

Noone has started an official picture thread yet so I was able to get ones like these. There are lots of people taking pics but I think Im the only one with this one ;)

I believe this was after a 6 second pass:eek:

Awesome pic..... almost looks like that rear edge of the drivers side window is being sucked in..........
maybe it looks like that normally?

I wonder if they will decide to move the event to this time of year, considering the perfect weather? Keep the updates coming..

I wonder if they will decide to move the event to this time of year, considering the perfect weather? Keep the updates coming..

For sure. This seems like a lot better time of the year. I couldnt go this year due to a new job. I was booked for the spring event though. :p Maybe next year. :biggrin:

Duttweiler/Gallina car went 6.75@205 earlier today. Several fast TSO and TSM cars too.

I'd say that is actually pretty smart on their part.
yea it is smart if you don't think your combo can hold together. there are 3 reasons to not run it out the back door of the 1/4.

1) afraid your chit is going to scatter it's parts after the 660'
2) so others can not see what your capable of
3) your wussie hurts & you get scared

:eek: :biggrin: :tongue: :cool: :eek: :biggrin: :tongue: :cool:

Actually..

there's a 4th reason..

4. The rods are swapping holes at the starting line, and you still try to make it to the 1/8th!!:p:eek::D