BFG's 295-50/16 on 8 inch rim

bruisr

Will these tires fit on a GN-with trimming the outer wheel wells. Presently my rims have an 4 inch BS Centerlines (& 1/2 inch spacer) and Baer 1/2 x 3 inch lugs on BFG 265/50-16 (now obsolete size). I would appreciate any info/experience on this topic.:confused:

Called my friend that manages a Discount Tire and he told me no, he recommended only going to a 275 on a 8 inch rim. I did not ask if anyone makes one in a 16. My car currently has 275/40 17 bfg drag radials on 8 inch boyds.

you shouldn't need a 1/2" spacer with a 8" rim with 4" of BS. A .25" spacer should be enough if one is needed at all, and it will help keep the tire off the fender lip.

Called my friend that manages a Discount Tire and he told me no, he recommended only going to a 275 on a 8 inch rim. I did not ask if anyone makes one in a 16. My car currently has 275/40 17 bfg drag radials on 8 inch boyds.

M&H are the only ones that make a 275 for the 16 rim and it is a 28" tall 275/55 drag radial, which would visually look bigger than a 295/50 and would hook much better. Of course, it won't last very long, being a DR and all.

I ran a 295 50 15 for several years on an 8 inch rim. No problems. We can make them fit, not worried about that. Personally I would choose the drag radial, but your car does hook decent on radials on the street. Different story launching under boost at the drag strip though.