28-11.5-16 Et Streets on Gta Fronts req spacers?

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Just mounted up some 28-11.5-16 MT ET Streets on 2 GTA fronts to put on the rear of my GN. I was wondering if I was going to need a spacer or not or longer studs? When I got my rims they had 255/50 BFG drag radials and the rubbed the frame rail slightly. I am anticipating this ET Street will require a spacer of some sort.

Anyone ran this combo before?

I should have a chance maybe Saturday.... I'm guessing I'll need between a 1/4" and a 1/2" spacer.... But that is a guess on my part. I really don't want to have to replace the wheel studs. I need to upgrade the axles anyway soon and I would be wasting money if I put new studs in my '87 stock axles....

Well.... they fit barely...... the rub slightly (on the frame rail) on bumps and harder corners.....had to clearance the wheel well a little with a dead blow hammer. I think it might be OK for a track trip.......

et street pic.JPG

I made it to the track tonight....... my stock 159k tranny wasn't happy.......nor the stock turbo........not my 6 year old MT ET Streets.

best 60' was a 1.73 and best quarter was 12.34 @ 113.47..... boost averaged around 16-17 psi for this run. My stock turbo is out of breath with this motor. I had to let off at the top of 1st to get it to shift.....tranny is very tired......was off the gas around .3...... and it didn't exactly hook...... I think it could have gone a high 11..... maybe some fresh tires and a fresh tranny will get me there. I like the look of the car with the MT ET Streets on those GTA wheels.