BFG Radial TA 295/50-16

bruisr

Currently I have 265/50-16 T/A's (4 years old ) and no longer available from BFG:mad: . My rims are Centerline 8 inch width with 4 inch BS-which fit fine with a 1/2 inch spacer-thanks to Centerline's tech.@!*&%$# support (that's another story). The lug studs are Baer 1/2 inch & 3.5 inches in lenght. Would the 295's fit considering that the cross sectional width is 11.6 inches (vs 10.4 inches with the 265's). Height is 27.6 inches vs 26.5 inches with 265's:confused:For my driving requirements I prefer the T/A's vs DOT's :rolleyes: From a visual it seems it would fit...should it be a trial and see if it fits process??

Sounds like it should fit but there's no substitute for bolting it up and seeing it in real life. If the section width only changes by about 1 inch, try to judge if you have 0.5" of room to spare on each side of the wheel.

Ok, since you really have a 3.5" B.S. with your 8" wide rims the 295/50 will just fit.

I have 295/50's on 10" wide rims with a 4.5" B.S. and my #'s come out to 5.3" of tire going towards the frame and 6.3" going towards the lip.

With your 8" wide rim and 3.5" B.S. you get the same 5.3" of tire and 6.3".

The difference is you will be 28" tall and you have more side wall buldge so the tire will not span out as wide as on my 10 inch rim. Which will save you some rubbing.

So having the 1/2" spacer helped you out here. Maybe you should call up Centerlines tech and thank him?? Ok, maybe not. ;)