Better than Stage II

cstavro

has anyone used the chevy 90° v6 for a turbo project? it has 18° valves, 2.15" x 1.625", 215 cc ports. ryan falconer successfully used a 3.4L version in the corvette gtp - a 1200 hp endurance racer. it was the highest specific output engine of its time. it's cheaper to build than stage 2 buicks, and offers more power.

Mike from Alabama has a DLS Chevy v-6 that should make 1500 when he finishes
up his syclone. He built it as a limited street legal car but those guys are making ~2000 HP these days... The truck is super sick I hope he gets it out soon.

Mike from Alabama has a DLS Chevy v-6 that should make 1500 when he finishes
up his syclone. He built it as a limited street legal car but those guys are making ~2000 HP these days... The truck is super sick I hope he gets it out soon.

damn! that's quite a bit above stage 2.

where can i read more about his truck? is it a bowtie block, 18° or canted valve head?

where can i read more about his truck? is it a bowtie block, 18° or canted valve head?

There have been several Stage2 motors that have made 1500+ HP and I find it very hard to believe that building a Bowtie V6 is any cheaper than a Stage2. I happen to know someone down here that is in the process of finishing a Bowtie V6 project for their Syclone with the best of the best and I can tell you there is NOTHING cheap about this project!:eek:

Also, has anybody ran in the 7's yet with a Bowtie V6 vehicle??? I can name several that have with a Buick V6 if you'd like.

Most people I have talked to(some engine builders that have built both) said the bowtie V-6 is not quite the engine a Stage II is. Just there opinion of course.

With the CI limits the Bowtie block has even if it makes 1500hp, it doesn't do anything for me and it can be taken over to the Chevy board where it belongs. Last time I checked this was Turbobuick.com.

I'll put my $$ on a Stage II motor. :biggrin:

cstavro, you planning on building something BIG? :confused:

With the CI limits the Bowtie block has even if it makes 1500hp, it doesn't do anything for me and it can be taken over to the Chevy board where it belongs. Last time I checked this was Turbobuick.com.

I'll put my $$ on a Stage II motor. :biggrin:

cstavro, you planning on building something BIG? :confused:

you can get an aluminum chevy v6 out of the parts catalog, with canted valve heads. gm took buick parts out of the catalog a while back...so that leaves you with remaining stock, used, or expensive aftermarket parts. you can use any number of small block parts, which makes it at least easier to find - if not cheaper. i was just wondering if anyone on this board had a chevy/buick hybrid...or is that sacriledge?

i'm building up my 1999 buick with a turbo. 3.8L. 500+ whp. nothing special.

the all aluminum v6 made my heart skip a beat! 4.0L, LS2 pistons, rings & pins, LS7 rods, 3.25" stroke, <300 lb weight, 67 mm turbo, E85. just dreaming.

and last time i checked this WAS the lounge:biggrin:

Here's an article on Jason Leach's Syclone that has a pretty serious Bowtie V6 that is 311cid with a 91mm turbo. Don't know if it ever made it to the track or any #'s??

1991 GMC Syclone - Feature - GM High-Tech Performance

Then there is Robert's Syclone from Sweeden that is the fastest AWD V6 Syclone running 8.98 @155mph~

1991 GMC Syclone - Ride Of The Valkyries - GM High-Tech Perfomance Magazine

thanks for the links.

i don't know why you'd increase the stroke, instead of increasing the bore and valves:confused: 8.98 isn't great for the fastest syclone. it certainly leaves more on the table.