Best Tranny Shop in Michigan Detroit Area

here's as close as your gonna get to there and have the best.....

Extreme Automatics
Lonnie Diers
Cincinnatti , Ohio
Quickt on TB.com

Janis Transmissions
Vince Janis
Akron, Ohio
JanisTrans onTB.com

go to motor city in livernois.ask for richie sorel.313 842 1847 or 313 205 1051 .or try this guy joels on joy 313581 6266.tell them i sent you.they are both two very respectable builders.

I agree with Mark. Many reputable trans shops, are, but not too keen on building a quality 200 4R. First question I would ask is what they think about the 200 4R as a trans. If they tell you its a weak unit, then you are at the wrong place.

joel certainly understands the inner working of an automatic,and builds hi quality stuff.why havent you called him?

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
I agree with Mark. Many reputable trans shops, are, but not too keen on building a quality 200 4R. First question I would ask is what they think about the 200 4R as a trans. If they tell you its a weak unit, then you are at the wrong place.

GREAT ADVICE !

I had the same dilemma. I drove down and dropped off the trans to Vince Janis and couldnt be happier. Why take a chance on someone who may or may not know the 200r4? Vince has done many and has a Stage2 car that runs 9's. He knows what he is doing. My trans shifts so fast sometimes i cant tell when the shift has occured.

shifts

LOL, you are right about shifts. So quick you can only gauge by the snap of your head. And after all, quick shifts are what make the automatic a great choice over a stick. I know of no one that can match the speed of shifts and the accuracy of a properly built 200 4R. NO ONE, PERIOD. And I mean not even Bill Jenkins in his prime could. Just my opinion, which is often arguable. lol,,,,,,Mark :D