Best Tire for Stock Rims

i have heard that if you want to drive in the rain to
us the nittos dr's,and they last longer too.

thats what im going with,275/50's.

I know they last longer, but the BFG's hook better. Would they be the same size as the nittos?

i also heard on hear they run a bit smaller,
but i have not used either tire yet so...just going by what
a buch of ther people are saying.

If you're going to drive it on the street and have a chance to get caught in the rain, get nittos. I have nittos, and they hook good on the street. My brother has BFGs and that car is all over the place in the rain!!

I have used the 245.50.15s they were just fine.. in rain and out of.. I was concerned that the 275's would rub.. Had good traction,

Is it possible to fit 275's on the stock rim? I was told up to 255 was the limit before rubbing.

I have 275/50 Nittos on the stock GN wheels. The fit with no rubbing on my car. The tires do look a little to big/wide for the wheels though.

GHawz13,

From what I've read on other posts on the same subject, the concensus is to go with 275/50/15s on stock rims (to fill up the wheel well without rubbing). The side walls do bulge out a little on 15x7 rims (I've seen it on a buddy's TR). Ideally you want to get 15x8 or larger like 15x8.5 or 15x9 rims in order to eliminate the bulge. But some guys don't mind the bulge.

I purchased a pair of BFG Comp T/A Drag Radials for better traction b/c I don't drive my TR in the rain anyways. Other TR owners who have tried both have said BFGs were better for dry traction than Nittos but Nittos were better for rain and, being a harder tire, did not wear as quickly as BFGs. I think Nittos are priced slightly higher than BFGs but not by much.

So I guess it just depends on what you do with your car...drive in nice weather only or both.

HTH,

Oh, 275/50/15s give our TRs a mean stance when you look at them from behind to boot! My buddies all have 275/50/15s on their cars and it makes my 245/60/15s look a little on the skinny side!