best spark plugs and gap

L8TRH8R

Curious to know what most use for plugs and gap. I've been using the "colder" GM plugs gapped at 32. Anyone?????:rolleyes:

This topic has been beaten to death IMO, but the concensous is NGK UR5's gapped around .32.

This topic has been beaten to death IMO, but the concensous is NGK UR5's gapped around .32.
and I would look for right Autolite plug for your build and stay with this brand ONLY no matter what build /boost you have /run , that's my opinion :cool:

For iron heads i run CR42TS gapped at .030 for 30psi boost. Ive been closing the gap about .002-.003 for every 5 psi boost and 1 point jump in CR

I'm still wondering about iridium plugs. Most new cars come with iridium. Denso recommends ITF20 gapped .035.

I know platnium won't work in our cars (they run too hot)_.

I'm still wondering about iridium plugs. Most new cars come with iridium. Denso recommends ITF20 gapped .035.

I know platnium won't work in our cars (they run too hot)_.

You should experiment. A lot of solid advice here though. The 1st reply i gave has been what ive done in all cars ive worked that ran over 20 psi in the last 12 years. For under 20 psi CR43TS is fine gapped at .035.

Thanks for the imput. I think I'll go with the CR42's. I like AC Delco parts as much as possible!! ;)

You should experiment. A lot of solid advice here though. The 1st reply i gave has been what ive done in all cars ive worked that ran over 20 psi in the last 12 years. For under 20 psi CR43TS is fine gapped at .035.

nope , NOT iridium plugs guys , $18 a pop of waste money ,Bison's firts suggestion is fine , my suggestion to stay only with Autolites is based on problems with almost any brand BUT Autolite plugs , well .... at one point at dyno shop tunning my car next guy in line was an import/Mustang GURU , you know that imports will run some crazu boost # , I was blowing spark off at that dyno run with Iridium plugs gapped at 30 ,so I suggested NGK swap that I had in mycar but never got installed yet and the HIGH BOOST GURU said NOPE ...... let's get you Autolites and gap them at 25 ,well to make the story short ...GM igniton module /coils and Autolite plugs have been the BEST for me ever since ,again that's just my opinion:cool: ........you might be ok with others making less power but..... Autolites worked best for me all the way period....and yes ...iriduim plugs were just an experiment :mad:

nope , NOT iridium plugs guys , $18 a pop of waste money ,Bison's firts suggestion is fine , my suggestion to stay only with Autolites is based on problems with almost any brand BUT Autolite plugs , well .... at one point at dyno shop tunning my car next guy in line was an import/Mustang GURU , you know that imports will run some crazu boost # , I was blowing spark off at that dyno run with Iridium plugs gapped at 30 ,so I suggested NGK swap that I had in mycar but never got installed yet and the HIGH BOOST GURU said NOPE ...... let's get you Autolites and gap them at 25 ,well to make the story short ...GM igniton module /coils and Autolite plugs have been the BEST for me ever since ,again that's just my opinion:cool: ........you might be ok with others making less power but..... Autolites worked best for me all the way period....and yes ...iriduim plugs were just an experiment :mad:

I agree. Ive run autolite 23's a few times and they worked as well as the CR42TS AC part number. Same gaps

NGK's

i don't see a lot of people running these but i have had good luck with them on my iron heads. the stock is #2623 plug#BPR6FS . it's a regular resistor type plug. i gapped them at .32 i buy them at Napa for around $2.50 a plug..............Bob

.Gotta update this stuff a bit...
and I would look for right Autolite plug for your build and stay with this brand ONLY no matter what build /boost you have /run , that's my opinion :cool:

ONLY? You sure about that? Re-research Autolite, and tell me what you come up with. The Autolite of today, is NOT the same Autolite you grew up with... They've made a few changes.

Orginally posted by Roger:
"I know platnium won't work in our cars (they run too hot)_."

Are you saying that the heat range is specified by the materials used?
I bet you it's not.

Thanks for the imput. I think I'll go with the CR42's. I like AC Delco parts as much as possible!! ;)

Yea... Good old AC Delco. I loved them too. NOT the same AC Delco we all grew up with. Buy parts from them with care. A LOT of their parts went in the ****ter as of late. Examine them on an individual basis.

18 bucks per plugs? That's simply not true. And they last a LOT longer than the typical .99 cent AC Delcos let me tell you. There isn't even a competition.

how about just making it a sticky? spark plug sticky

Yeah, in fact I'd like to see an updated version of the spring cleaning from gnttype that goes into everything from plugs, to filters, to oil types, etc. while incorporating some of the newer technology that some of the vendors have available.