Best source for upholstry & carpet for GN

wu6fiend

I'd like to freshen up the interior of my GN. Who makes the best quality, and best value carpet and upholstry kits for our cars? I know about Kirbans and Postons, are there any other companies out there?

Looking for opinions based on what other GN owners have purchased, and installed.

Thanks.

ACC (Auto custom carpets) in Atlanta ga. 800.633.2358 great service,prices,quality.

i got a navy blue carpet from auto custom carpets, in 1996 for my chevy truck & the color has faded terriebly :mad: it looks orangeish in places, i would not buy from again unless they would stand behind it for fading! the factory one never looked like that after 15 years, i just replaced it while restoreing the truck

This question comes up a lot. What does everyone think about getting a GOOD automotive carpet company to remake our carpets for us. What is everyone willing to spend. Maybe we should put this out to the boards.:confused:

I got mine from Jax for $120. It even came with the insulation... It was great! (just needed trimming)

I could be totally wrong but I think that when I talked to the folks at ACC last year they told me that all the aftermarket companies buy their carpet from them. I dont know any truth behind that one. I just had new carpet put in mine and had a shop do it. They only charged 200 installed. That was cheaper than me buying the carpet and messing with it cause they are not cut perfect. You do have to trim them. I hope this info helps ya.

ACC is awesome, I have never had issues w/ their quality , even long term. If it faded in spots, sounds like something was sprayed or spilled on it.

seat covers

We carry PUI & ACME.
Pui is the best.
Acme, I had them build that for us almost 2 years ago. It was designed to have T-type material. Jax calls it the economy version but that isn't why we had it built. It was built for guys with Turbo t's or t-types to be able to have the same material as their car with out having to change the rest of the door panels & rear seat inserts out to get a GN look.
We normally sell that version to guys with we-4's & wh-1's.