Best Sounding Muffler?

Wht87T

All Throttle... No Bottle
I have an old Hooker cat back on my TR and the car is extremely quiet. I'm looking to replace the mufflers with something better flowing and better sounding. Any suggestions? TIA

John

The welded Dyno Max Ultra Flows sound great. They are a stright flow design.

LOL

My ears dont need to be ringing while I'm drivin on the highway.

Originally posted by Roger
ATR Pit Bulls - sound like a V8.

The pit bull on my ATR single shot sounds more like a UPS truck on "NAWSSS" :^) Unless you like a deafining drone stay far away from the pit bull muffler.

Dwight Hayden

Hey Wht87T, I have a used 2.75" BGC exhaust for sale. It's got the Walker SS UltraFlows with it. The mufflers...being stainless...still look practically new. The Y-pipe and tailpipes are aluminized steel and are still in pretty good shape.

Re: LOL

Originally posted by Wht87T
My ears dont need to be ringing while I'm drivin on the highway.

Just poking fun.......I don't know why so many guys want to make a lot of noise. Quiet is good! ;)

At our cruise spot I have got numerous comments on how great my ATR 2 1/2 SS exhaust with SS Pit Bull mufflers sounds. They sound great at idle and are quiet enough when cruising that even my wife doesn't mind them. At the track my best et's came with this exhaust system being as quicka s open exhaust was for my car. Paul

I have the Hooker Comp. Aero Chamber mufflers. They are nice and quiet @ idle and sound good under load. They do drone abit @ around 45 - 50mph. I personally like these mufflers alot.

This is what I have on my Hooker system and love it..

Originally posted by Chris Taylor
The welded Dyno Max Ultra Flows sound great. They are a stright flow design.

I guess you'll have to go with the mufflers that fit your system. Pit Bulls are straight through, center in center out. If your exhaust system has side in, side out outlets something with a straight through design might not work, or line up correctly.

I really do like the sound of the aluminized Pit Bulls on my GN. It has close to that Mustang with Flowmaster sound. It defiantly sounds great sitting at a stop light, or in my garage...:).

Yuck, how do you guys think ANY muffler sounds good on these cars? V6 = sounds like ass. The turbo sounds are awesome, but the exhaust sound itself isn't good, imho. Of course I also have a V8 car (with hooker aerochambers on it)...

Originally posted by Berman
Yuck, how do you guys think ANY muffler sounds good on these cars? V6 = sounds like ass.

Ouch lighten up man...LOL. Not ALL these cars sound like ass.