Best site for best prices on airfare?

texasmr2

Since Colorado is a go for me in December I started my research and the least expensive round trip ticket I found was $657 on www.cheaptickets.com. Now I realize that this trip is smack dab in the middle of 'silly season' regarding air travel so prices are higher than during the off season and I have not flown in over a decade. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Gregg

My mom n sis are here visiting from cross country, they said kayak.com.

If you are near a few big airports try them all. Logan MA is always cheaper than Green RI for me here in New England.

D

If you are near a few big airports try them all. Logan MA is always cheaper than Green RI for me here in New England.

D

Since I am in Houston I have two major hubs within a 45min drive and I checked them both. A lot has changed regarding carriers, the amount of, so it was/is a learning process but I think I found a courier that meets my needs and times, Frontier Airlines. Mainly I looked for a early departure time and arrival time coming and going so I would not burden those who will be dropping me off or picking me up.

I search the individual airlines websites. I found purchasing the tickets direct from the airlines was cheaper than the internet travel sites.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I search the individual airlines websites. I found purchasing the tickets direct from the airlines was cheaper than the internet travel sites.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I considered that as well Billy, I have decided to drive and get settled in. My cousin Terry lives in Estes Park and offered his help getting me set up. Flying would be quick but I will require my own transportation sooner or later so this way I do not have to return to H-Town for basic's. Gotta get the cat (Elk hearder) though. Baby step's they are but they are forward and not in reverse.

Can't wait to catch my first Trout on a fly!

They used to say that the price goes up the second time you check unless you clear your cookies. Do we still have cookies?

I have found one way flights there as low as $64 and back as low as $87, odd, so it may be less expensive to just fly. My sister offered to drive me into Ft. Collins so I can get setup in a hotel on the 11th, walk to the PD and back, and then pick me up after testing. Since I must borrow the money for the trip I must save as much money as possible.

Either way I know that I have RSVP'd already and I will kick myself in the butt if I let this opportunity pass me bye.

Ticket purchased and departing at 12:50pm on 12/10/2016 from IAH and should have tread on the tarmac in Denver by 3:00pm. My sister who lives betwix Denver and Ft. Collins helped me find a hotel that is inexpensive and close to the PD....$207 for five nights, room reserved.

One way ticket.

Are there any TB members who live in Ft. Collins? My motel is approximately 3 miles from the PD and I would prefer something within walking distance and I only need a roof over my head.

Gittin excited, I hope Mr. Shadow (da cat) misses me. No idea how many hours per day the testing is but I doubt there will be much time for sight seeing or fishing. I do hope that I can see the small lake my brother and I waded is still there. The Sunfish kept untying our shoe laces because they looked like worm's, good times and we could not keep the Bass and Bluegill off our Rooster Tail lures.

Last edited:
I will be sure to take as many pictures as possible to share with everyone. Oh and please wish me luck on the job. ;)

All the best,
Gregg