Best Shop to Weld Duttweiler neck?

Zurn

Gabe
What is the best local shop that I can go to get my Duttweiler neck welded on? I was thinking about Water House Motors here in Tacoma because they weld aluminum heads and what not. Any other suggestions? There is supposed to be a good place in Auburn, Top something... Thanks, Gabe

Probably not as close as you would like, but I had Ken Bodhaine in Everett do mine. Perfect alignment, seemless weld line, and he even painted it black so it looks perfectly stock. Ken does awesome work, and he's one of the local GN guys. If interested, pop me a PM and I'll get you in touch with if you don't already have his number.

Thanks, if I don't hear anything about a local shop I'll let you know. Do you remember how much that cost or what I should expect to pay? That's my other concern, I don't want to pay too much but then again I don't want to go to a shop that doesn't know how to weld aluminum. -Gabe

Anybody got a shop closer to Tacoma for me? I don't mind taking it north, but I work all week and it would be hard for me to get it up there. Somebody local has to be able to do this...:confused:

WaterHouse Motors

Just got off the phone with WaterHouse, they say not a problem, can't get to it untill next week. That's fine with me, I'm not in a big hurry. Does anybody have any experiance with WaterHouse? I've sold their motors and haven't had any problems with them, but has anybody had any machine work done or welding done by them? Good or bad feed back? Thanks!:cool:

Re: WaterHouse Motors

Originally posted by Zurn
Just got off the phone with WaterHouse, they say not a problem, can't get to it untill next week. That's fine with me, I'm not in a big hurry. Does anybody have any experiance with WaterHouse? I've sold their motors and haven't had any problems with them, but has anybody had any machine work done or welding done by them? Good or bad feed back? Thanks!:cool:

If you want to drive to Olympia I can weld it for you.

Brian Macy
Horsepower Connection.com

Sounds good to me!

That would work. I work here in Dupont, so Olympia isn't too far. Can you pm me a number so I can call you and set up a time? Thanks! -Gabe

Everybody should check out Brian's work!

Just wanted everybody to know that Brian has an incredible shop and is working on some sweet project cars! He did a great job welding my intercooler neck and I’m very happy with the results. I’m sure if anybody wants to check out the projects he has he would be more that happy to show off his work, me and my friend were trying not to droll all over the cars he has! :D If anybody needs any custom piping, welding, headers, or turbo set ups done in the northwest, definitely give Brian a call because I’m sure he can do it for you! I can’t wait to see both his current projects on the tracks this summer! With the new rules for his class, being able to run wider tires, I’m sure 7’s will be a possibility this year. Good luck with the nova, maybe I’ll see you at the track, and you got all my custom welding jobs for the future! Thanks again! ;) -Gabe

That Nova is sweet! The first time I saw it with the hood up I almost shat myself. That turbo is big!:eek: