Best replacement GN gas/fuel tank?

What are the options for the best stock location replacement gas / fuel tank for a Grand National?
I've read some issues about the stock steel replicas available. If you have one and had issues or not, feel free to post up.

Who has a stock looking / location replacement in stainless steel? Or Aluminum?

Gbodyparts has...

a replacement and highway stars,ltd in gurnee Il also offers oem gas tanks. If you are going for the E-85, you would probably need the teflon coated g/tank.
you should make sure it has baffling around the pump, so as not to run dry under wot. I don't know where you could buy one of those, but I'm sure some one will chime in.:cool:

I have the canaidian made gas tank bolted right up and fits and looks just like stock ..it has the baffles...only problem is wen I pump gas...but I had the same issue with the stock tank

Watch running one of the replacement tanks with a double pumper set up. I had to keep 15 gallons in the tank or the DP would suck air. A friend of mine has the same tank in a low 11 sec car with a single pump with no problems.

Watch running one of the replacement tanks with a double pumper set up. I had to keep 15 gallons in the tank or the DP would suck air. A friend of mine has the same tank in a low 11 sec car with a single pump with no problems.
I've read about alot of issues with replacement tanks, but this is the first I recall reading about this.

Claude,
Looks nice. Any issues?
Did they supply the filler neck, sending unit, and pump(s)? Are you using an in tank pump, if so single or dual?

Rick's

Well one thing for sure, with a name like Rick, it's got to be good! LOL!

They can set it up with a A1000 intank. Thats the way to go. Recently I was going to buy a ss one but $1600 is just not in the cards.

Didn't realize they offered aluminum. How much was that?

Agreed what does it cost?

I'm not 100% positive, but I think that the tank was around $850.

Claude,
Looks nice. Any issues?
Did they supply the filler neck, sending unit, and pump(s)? Are you using an in tank pump, if so single or dual?

The filler neck (partially seen in the second picture) was supplied, but for some reason, didn't fit right "out-of-the-box". :redface: There weren't enough "bends" in it to get to the area behind the license plate, so Brian Cotton (who did the installation for me) had to re-work it to make it fit, but other than that, no fitment problem.:wink:
As for the fuel pump, it is an in-tank Aeromotive pump and filter. The tank also has provisions for a fuel level sender (recess with wire seen at the top left in the first picture) which has to be bought from Rick's tanks, but it's sold separately.

Claude. :cool: