best rebuild kit for 200 4r

Ssmnt408

I'm looking for the best rebuild kit for the 200 4r, I don't have enough cash to take it to a tranny shop, and I'm getting tired of driving with a th350 and 4.30 gears. Any advice is helpful advice. :)

CK Perf kit

I second that.

I installed it in my car - plus a 2800 stall converter. I have 3.73 gears as well.
Great combo - firm 'barking' shifts as advertised.

Simply rocks.

awesome! Thats just what I was looking for. Is there any other things I should worry about for this tranny. I'm running it behind a 408 sb that makes somewhere around 500 hp with 200 hp of nitrous. I might have to save up a bit for some parts, I really miss the overdrive. It's not broken.......I don't think. It was slipping really bad going into third so I just pulled it until I could rebuild it. I was also told by somebody that it was caused by cavitation so I'm also going to get the deep pan and pickup.

400 horse

I think I was told my trans was good for about 400 horses without a problem.

PLus I dont beat on it wayy too much so I should be in good shape. Only thing that sucked was I didnt have an orig GN valvebody inside after it was opened - so that cost me a 'lil more cash. They usually get ripped out if the prev owner has a rebuild due to their specialty and value.....

my 408 is making around 500 without nitrous, which the guy that built it the first time told me wouldn't even touch it. So with The rebuild kit and the hardened shaft and all that stuff, what will this thing be able to take, any guess?

I beat the crap out of mine every time I drive it. :D

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it.

Firechicken said:
For the money it is hard to beat Ck's stage 2 kit. You will need one of his manuals also.

I searched for it but couldn't find it, how do I get the manual? :confused: