Best race shifter for the TH 400

oldtimer

I'm looking for suggestions and opinions on the best shifter for use with a TH 400 tranny and reasons for your choice.

I'm thinking of using an electric RPM activated solenoid style shifter combination but this is my first foray into the race shifter arena so I'm looking for ideas and reasons from the Stage 2 gurus out there.
I wasn't sure if I should go to the Stage forum or the Transmission forum

Thanks for any help here

George

I have never used a Cheetah but I have heard nothing but great things about it. Must be a great working shifter suz it ain't so well liked because of looks. The Q Stick is nice as well.

Anybody got any experience with Dixie Racing Products Mega Shifter ?? I sure like the look of it and it can apparently be retro-fitted to shift at 2 different RPM's

George

I love my Cheetah shifter. I think thats the best for TH400 swap.

THE HURST PISTOL GRIP WILL FIT NEATLY INTO THE STOCK CONSOLE. KLHAMMETT (OTTO) HAS IT IN HIS. EMAIL HIM. HE MIGHT HAVE PICS FOR YOU.

I ALSO INSTALLED THE QUARTER STICK INTO THE CONSOLE USING THE DIRECTIONS THAT WERE POSTED ON HERE AND IT LOOKS LIKE A FACTORY INSTALL, I PURCHASED THE OVERLAY FROM MARK AT TR CUSTOM PARTS TO FINISH IT OFF AND ITS BEAUTIFUL

FOUND THIS PIC WHEN I DID A SEARCH, NOT MY CAR BUT ALSO A NICE INSTALL

http://community.webshots.com/album/96910966jxNuPn

In the latest issue of GM high tech performance, two of the featured Buicks used the B&M Megashifter witht he stock console. I don't know how it performs compared to the ones mentioned but it looks good.

Louie L. said:
I have some ill shoot ya over the weekend

Louie, are you using an electric shift with the Cheetah shifter ??

Would you mind sending some pics of your installation

BTW we talked on the phone the other nite when you were unloading "the" motor at Cal's place

George

oldtimer said:
Louie, are you using an electric shift with the Cheetah shifter ??

Would you mind sending some pics of your installation

BTW we talked on the phone the other nite when you were unloading "the" motor at Cal's place

George

George,
I use the regular non air shifted Chettah. I have had a negative experience with the air shifted unit costing me a race.The chettah with the Dadenbear air shifter kit is really nice but not worth the investment to me. I like to keep full control even if I have a handfull. :eek:

I suggest you do the same, as you are going to have way more of a hand full than ive ever had ! :D

Ive sent both you and 49 Blues pics. ;)