Best manual Boost controller

Yes Kirban's hotwire is a good idea along with his adj fuel pressure regulator. Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Hoses might be dry rotted, and can cause knock. A smoke machine will quickly find your leaks and a scan tool will tell you what your blm's are. Everything is covered on Steve Wood's Vortex site that was previously recommended.

On my stockish 87 GN, I could never run 17-18 psi boost on pump E10 gas, 16 was about the max in 3rd gear. Ran 13.00 at 104 mph in good DA's like that. Verify fuel pressure first at idle, hose off the FPR, then again under boost with the line connected. Same ol same ol, go find gnttype org or vortex site, and do the basics, one psi boost should get you one psi more fuel pressure.

with the list of upgrades you have already installed, a scanmaster is a no brainer. That way you can see (and set) your IAC, tps, blm's, true kr, maf numbers. yeah, scanmaster and adjustable fpr and then you can do some good basic troubleshooting to get rid of that knock and get back to spooling.

I think the Turbo Tweak chip needs 42-43lbs with the line OFF the regulator.... I think Mr Leeper is right.. I would lower my boost UNTIL I got a Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator. Even though you have 40lbs injectors you will need to add more fuel... A 237 regulator is NOT the answer...Just my .02

Last edited:
I think the Turbo Tweak needs 42-43lbs with the line OFF the regulator.... I think Mr Leeper is right.. I would lower my boost UNTIL I got a Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator. Even though you have 40lbs injectors you will need to add more fuel... A 237 regulator is NOT the answer...Just my .02

Why ?? TTA's go 11's all day with the stock 237.. whats the issue with that ?

Why ?? TTA's go 11's all day with the stock 237.. whats the issue with that ?
Agree. Although not adjustable its all many will need as fueling can still be adjusted if you have a modern chip.