Best head for the buck

DRO

Admiral
Going with a totally stock block, what's the best head set-up for the dollar? Or, should I just rebuild what I have? Not looking to break any records, just want something strong & dependable. Thanks. Consultation fees are available in 12 oz. bottles!

David R

Does your motor have to come apart? If not, I'd leave it alone.......

I have e set of stock heads for 60.00 if you'd like to send those the shop and shorten the down time.

Hawaiian Turbo said:
I have e set of stock heads for 60.00 if you'd like to send those the shop and shorten the down time.

I may take you up on that, Paul. I've always had poor compression from the #6 exhaust valve. Thought I would see what's available for upgrades, but I'm fine with a stock set-up, too.

Rob, are you suggesting that I change the timing chain since the motor will be disassembled?

DRO said:
I may take you up on that, Paul. I've always had poor compression from the #6 exhaust valve. Thought I would see what's available for upgrades, but I'm fine with a stock set-up, too.

Rob, are you suggesting that I change the timing chain since the motor will be disassembled?

David.. it would be a good idea given the age of the engine... (just remember to set the cam sensor in right) I know someone here has the tool to do it...

You could port the stock Irons for a little better flow... or.... Paul, you still got the GN-1s?... (A bit extreme for a "stock" application)

Hawaiian Turbo said:
Sent the GN-1's out the other day. It's on it's way to Kansas.
Hey Dorthy, what about Toto? ;) :D Don't forget now, there's no place like home, there's no place like home Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh c'mon :D

Hey Dave, long time no see :smile: good to see you

HvyMtlAnime said:
Hey Dave, long time no see :smile: good to see you

Bought a house a couple years ago and its taken this long to feel like things are "settling down" enough to put some focus (not Ford) back into the TR. Thanks for the warm reception to all!