Best Friends

BuickNut

Misunderstood
Have you ever had a friend that was more than just a friend. I did. He did so much for me before and after my motorcycle accident. He stayed in the hospital with me over night just to make sure I was getting the proper care. He would get up in the middle of the night just to make sure I was not too cold or hot. His wife made sure I went to the right hospitals for rehab. He took care of my everyday bills and actually got my bills paid off. I lost my best friend to a divorce. He was more like a brother than a friend. He was getting a divorce. It bothered me that this was happening due to me being part of the family. I was friends with his wife and kids. I spoke more to his wife than him due to his job. She would check to make sure I had eaten. And like usual I hadn't, so we would go to dinner as a family. I even lived with him and his wife for a time. Like I said, I considered myself part of the family.
It was selvage of me not wanting the divorce. It was splitting up my family! But I would not take sides. As a friend I asked if this is what he wanted. I only wanted to make sure he had thought this through. After this question he stopped communicating with me. Its going on 2 years and I still don't know what I did wrong.

That is always a touchy situation when you were part of the family and being so close to them and you hated to see that happen, you want to do the right thing and try to help stop it and keep them together in order to keep everything the same but sometimes things in life just happen like that. In a situation like this it would have been best to just fall back and keep your distance from everyone and let them figure things out for themselves and let things take it's course. It's really hard to do most of the time but I found out it's the Best thing to do in most cases.

If he was that good of a friend, reach out. It’s the right thing to do.
I’m sure you having more contact with his wife than him is a factor.
It would be with me.
Explain yourself and hope for the best.
If he still backs off then at least you can say you tried.

D

Pick up the phone and call him. Who knows what's going on in his head but at least reach out and try.

Maybe he blames you for the divorce. Three's a crowd. Or maybe he thought you were getting too close to his wife?

I would say go and find him it's easy to avoid the phone or not call someone back.

Ya gotta give making contact a shot or you will regret it. If he doesn't respond you did your best. You can't control others but you can do what you can do.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ya gotta give making contact a shot or you will regret it. If he doesn't respond you did your best. You can't control others but you can do what you can do.

I agree with the above!!! I had a friend drop dead 2 weeks ago ! He was the guy who got me into the buicks!!! He literally was there the day I got my 1st one along with bison. I hung out with him at a bunch of swapmeets and as little as 6 weeks ago at our local buick show . Since the show he came and jump started me when I got stuck and I saw him and sold him a set of taillights for his turbo t. I feel lucky that I saw him the last few times I did. He was 68 and literally just dropped dead !!!! No illness or sickness.

So do yourself a favor and track him down and speak your mind and don't live with regrets with whatever happens!!! You don't want to be like I should of or could ...... Life is short!!!!

Let us know what happens since we took the time to answer

Sadly, just over a week ago one of our local GS guys had an intruder enter his residence. He was able to defend his home with force, but unfortunately when the local law enforcement arrived they took him for the perpetrator and shot and killed him.
You just never know what is going to happen.

Well I've been told because I continued to be friends with his family(ex-wife) and kids, I some how did something to him. This is not true. As I said she did a lot for me after my accident as did he. Why do I have to choose?
First he tells me I don't have to choose. Then stops talking to me. And wont explain.

Well I've been told because I continued to be friends with his family(ex-wife) and kids, I some how did something to him. This is not true. As I said she did a lot for me after my accident as did he. Why do I have to choose?
First he tells me I don't have to choose. Then stops talking to me. And wont explain.

Bros before...ya know..
And I think there might be something we aren't hearing...
I had one of those - chatted it up with the ex regularly. Either he was stupid - or naive - but he didn't realize she was working him for info on me
Since he was a blabber mouth anyway, he said way too much for my liking.
I cut him off like a rotten limb.

I'm sure he is going through a rough time. Loosing your wife, family and friend seemingly all at once is a "tough pill to swallow" for anyone. If you havent made contact, and it seems you have maybe some time and a retry to "work it out" can be successful. Sorry you have lost him for now.

She had all the dirt on him and none of it came from me. She had to have a PI to know all that she did. I didn't know the things she knew. And I thought I was close to him.

She had all the dirt on him and none of it came from me. She had to have a PI to know all that she did. I didn't know the things she knew. And I thought I was close to him.

She sounds dreamy. :wtf:
But you're kind of validating my previous post.
You two are chatting it up far too intimately if she is telling you things about him that even you didn't know.
Your words.
The minute that conversation goes like that - I'm like - 'Man, I don't want to know any of this - I gotta skip"
But I've never been one for much "girl talk" - bores me.

Last edited by a moderator: