Best external gate (tial, progate, etc)?

325DR

Having some custom work done so it does not matter what flange type the gate uses. Gate will go in the header and tubing/flanges will be built around the gate I choose. Are the Tial gates the best out there now? Looking for 9 sec support and control in the 30psi range. Thanks.

Innovative
HKS
Tial

In my opinion seem to be the quality choices.

I currently run a Tial 44mm with 88mm turbo, with solid control of mid to high boost. It comes with flanges (V-bands) which once installed, makes for easy R & R if required.

Joe

I hear great things about Tial and thats what I bought (50mm). When I get things running in a couple weeks I will let you know how it works.

Joe Lubrant said:
Innovative
HKS
Tial

In my opinion seem to be the quality choices.

I currently run a Tial 44mm with 88mm turbo, with solid control of mid to high boost. It comes with flanges (V-bands) which once installed, makes for easy R & R if required.

Joe
What spring are you using Joe? Thanks.

325DR said:
What spring are you using Joe? Thanks.

Heck!!
Thats something I didn't want to disclose! :rolleyes:

Depending on what launch boost you discover is best , it normally is recommended to use spring# close to that. In low boost launch applications, with light spring, you may have to much back pressure to keep gate closed at high boost.
Thats why some are using 5-8# spring and C02 with electronic controls.

So lots of viables depending on engine tune, header size ,type backpressures, etc. Type of boost controller used...Manual or Electronic, Co2 or manifold pressure used. Lets just say I have experimented with 5#, 13#, & 18#, manual & electronic controls.
I have elected not to use Co2 and do use Electronic controller :)

Joe