best and worst venders?

I really can't stand items that are obviously repackaged or bagged. This only demonstrates the vendors fear of you buying it direct from the source or finding the piece is a Taiwan or Chinese knock off.

Vendors do a great service tracking down what we need, but some are bending the rules with terms like "OEM", "NOS", and "FACTORY". Although I hate buying a "REPRODUCTION" item, I like knowing it up front.

Vendors should stop removing the "Made In" stickers and show some balls. Heck, you might find an item was actually made in the US!

I have had good and bad luck with many vendors, but this is not the place to complain...someone will scrutinize every word and eventually attack you.

You have to be careful what you say here. Everyone here is sensitive or perhaps "punchy" is a better term.

So let me apologize now for the hurt and pain this post causes. :)

I assume you sent it to us, typical time for repairs and upgrades is about a week so if you live somewhere where shipping takes 5 days add that X2 and 3 weeks is about right. Since I don't know who you are or where you live so let me ask a few questions. Did you ever call us and see if we actully received it or to get a status? Did you put a detailed note in the box with what you wanted done and your contact info? We ALWAYS have 4 or 5 things here that people send to us with no indication of why it was sent or who they are. I have items that have been her for over a year and we have never been contacted and have no way to contact the sender. Those items sit in a box until someone calls us. If something gets sent in for repair we will never call you unless we have questions we fix it and return it, repairs are usually free on our products even after a number of years. We certainly want to resolve any problems customers have quickly and easily. In this case please call Marianne 586 294 4404 or drop her an email at marianne@fullthrottlespeed.com so this can be resolved
Mike
YES I called your place first for permission to return,
YES I followed all off your procedures, I talk to a male counter person, I packed up everything including oringnal CHIP, INSTRUCTIONS and A NOTE EXPLAINING THAT WHEN I INSTALLED THE CHIP IN MY 87 ECM the car would not start, Swapped back with previos chip, and car is still running fine 3 weeks later TO date,
I will give you the order number of the chip if you would like, Everything was returned execpt the gray wire that I hooked up to D11 ,

THE CHip part # CWB13B0F #30 injectors, 91 octane

I very much would like to implement this chip on my car,

I have your 512 chip on my GN for 60 lb injectors and Love it,

I also want to buy from you BB turbo charger with the boosted tech for stock torque converter which I briefly talked to you on the phone about Last December , THE GT 6157 Ball bearing that will work with stock torque converter with BOOSTED tech, I do not see that turbo on your web site Today, but newer Billet wheel turbo's with little specification info.
I am presently running a Turbonectics CHeetah stage 3 BALL BEARING, Maybe I won't see much gain with Just a turbocharger swap, My car is mostly stock with add-ons UN-OPENED Stock Block

I was not sure if the chip I got had anti-theft in it by mistake, It as packed in large bubble pack envelope, THE return adress is a GOLD sticker,

THE Order # is > 23525

THE invoice # is 24436

Thank you mike for your interest, Please emal me to find a remedy to my Dead chip.

Thank you

Please reply to my email when you search my account, Best Regards

Mike Licht

was at the first BG nationals I attended in '94 as a vendor.

I have owned several turbo regals in the last 18 years but I was never a big spender with the vendors.

After all those years alot of vendors have come and gone yet mike is still here with us (I think he even started this site?).

He knows I don't spend money but has always taken the time to help me out.

No apology needed here buddy.....

Thanks! and Yes I did start this site many years ago. That's why is says "I was here first" under my name :)
Mike

, Everything was returned execpt the gray wire that I hooked up to D11 ,

Thank you mike for your interest,
Thank you

Please reply to my email when you search my account, Best Regards

Ok, first let me say we have great interest when any customer has a problem and we will do what we can to correct it. I am slightly confused however, from what you wrote it looks like you already got the chip back? Is this correct? If not PLEASE call Marianne at 586 294 4404 and lest get this resolved. If you got it back and are stil having a problem call us so we can fix it. If I am not hear talk to her and she can get with me right way. I will also send an email
Mike

I returned a dead commander chip 3 weeks ago and have not heard peep from these people, SUMMIT RACING CUSTOMER SERVICE SHOULD BE THE GOLD STANDARD OTHERS TRY TO ACHIVE, but a mom and pop outfit gets pissed to easliy when things go wrong, THEY AVOID LOSING MONEY LIKE THE PLAUGE AND DO NOT FACE THE MUSIC< THEY TUCK YOUR PROPLEM AWAY AND HOPE WITH HELP OF TIME YOU WILL GO AWAY, ANY ACTION ON RESOLVING AN ISSUE IS GOING TO COST THEM MONEY< THATS A NO NO, SO F THE PEOPLE WITH PROBLEMS AND KEEP TAKING IN NEW MONEY FROM NEW ORDERS AND PROMISE PEOPLE THE WORLD TO RING THAT SALE, THATS THE I LIKE A HA A HA!!!!!!!!!KC & SUNSHINE BAND<
Summit is kinda hit & miss with me. I had a TERRIBLE experience with my radiator. I ordered a specific BeCool setup. When it came in, it was the wrong kit. So, I called their customer service. I guess the guy was having a bad day or something, but he was nothing short of a complete dick, and arrogant as hell to boot.

The basic call, a bit condensed:
Summit - Yea, how can I help you?
DJRB - Hello. I ordered the BeCool radiator kit for a 1986 Buick GN. This kit was to include the oil cooler as well as trans cooler. The kit that arrived had no trans cooler.
Summit - Yea... We sent you the only kit available for that car. There is no kit with a trans cooler.
DJRB - There isn't? Because the part number I ordered is different than what Summit actually sent out. So I am guessing this was just a mis-communication. I just need the correct part sent down as quickly as possible since my old radiator is already out of the car.
Summit - Nope. We sent all there is. That's your only option.
DJRB - Ok.... I will get back to you.
Summit - K. *click*

So I peruse BeCool's site, as well as Summit's... Low & behold, there is the kit I should have gotten. So I call Summit back. I get a different guy on the phone. He reads over the notes the previous guy added to my account. All they said was "Customer stated he ordered BC Radiator with trans cooler. Confirmed part sent was without trans cooler". Well, no $h!t, that was the part sent. Thus the problem, Captain Moron. Finally, after speaking to someone who didn't have HUA syndrome, I was able to get the correct part. Of course, it ultimately took calling BeCool and getting a contact name & number there to give to Summit so they could work out the needed arrangements to make it happen in a reasonably timely manner. But alas, Idid finally get a radiator.

Other times with Summit have been good, though. So once again, it's hit and miss.

/Rant :D

My O2's worth....

I myself have been involved with Turbo Buicks since '87. Got my first one in '94 after I got out of the service. There have been numerous vendors in the Turbo Buick community, some good, some bad. Boy the stories I could tell. :D Maybe someday I'll write a book. :cool: Hmmm.... Anywho, I have had very good business relationships with the following companies, not only with my own stuff, but also with my friends purchases.

In no particular order:

Precision Turbo
Full Throttle Speed
Hartline Performance
DLS Engine Development
Cottons Performance Center
Kirbans Performance Products
RJC Racing
Caspers Electronics
Gbody parts
nos4gn
TR Custom Parts
Quad Air

All of them have good customer service and have been reputable in the Buick community. Not to mention have personally been responsible for pushing the envelope ever higher with these cars. Every vendor/customer relationship can at times have slight bumps in the road, it's the way the vendor smooths out those bumps that's important. To me, it's not about cheapest price, but customer service and honesty. Me being in the parts business myself I see it everyday. You just have to remember, when it comes to Hot Rodding, which after all is what we are doing here, just in a more modern format, nothing ever comes easy. There will always be bumps in the road with your quest to build a perfect street / race car. One thing these cars will force you to develop, is a good sense of patience. There have also been some good vendors which have gone away over the years, and it's a shame to see them go. Each year I would go to the GS Nationals, I would make it a point to try to "spread the wealth" so to speak with all of the vendors. One other thing we have to remember, if it were not for these pioneering vendors who have supported the Turbo Buick community since day one, we would have nothing. The amount of R&D that has been done to get us where we are today is mind boggling. And a lot of people take this for granted big time. Especially newbies who do not know the past.

Think of it like this, the new 2010 Camaros are just now hitting the streets, not much exists for big hp bolt ons. But I can assure you there are many companies who are racing to bring new bolt ons to market for this car. Many companies who are testing and tuning every weekend with their newest toy. You will see a huge amount of stuff this year at the Sema and PRI shows. This is how it's always been. Whether it's been for F-bodies, Mustangs, Mopars, Imports or Buicks. We have been extremely lucky in the Buick world, with the amount of dedication and commitment these above vendors have had with us and Turbo Buicks. I don't know if most of you know this or not, but Turbo Buick parts alone don't keep the lights on. All of those vendors have diversified with other applications. You have too in this day and age. But it's those good guys who have the same desire, (Or is that disease?) that keep us happy with our Turbo Buicks. Without them we'd have nada. Try to remember some of this next time you start beating up a vendor for a cheaper price. One things for sure, getting seriously into Turbo Buicks, is not for the faint at heart, it's definitely an experience. All of these cars have a heart and soul. They will test you when you least expect it. Some more than others. If you treat them right, they will reward you. If not, they will punish you. This is true no matter what brand of hot rod you're working with.

In the end, good customer service and tech support is priceless. And all of those companies above have those two qualities in spades.
Sorry so long winded.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

I have been pleased with any & all vendors who support this board.

Occasionally a vendor has a supplier issue & they all have done their best to make the transaction good.

PTE sucked a long time ago & still does if the same guy owns it..I bought a new turbo there & the intake wheel went boom..automatically I was to blame on the phone..was told to send it in & they would rebuild it for$$$$..I asked them to send me an intake wheel & id do it myself since they wouldnt warranty it..I was told by harry(i think was his name) that it was a prioritised turbo& only he had parts for it &he wouldnt sell me the part..so I bought my wheel from someone else & fixed it myself..thats why in my sig is BW51..thats MY prioritised turbo..No I didnt have anything in the pipe to ruin the turbo..Ill pay double before I buy aything from them again..

PTE sucked a long time ago & still does if the same guy owns it..I bought a new turbo there & the intake wheel went boom..automatically I was to blame on the phone..was told to send it in & they would rebuild it for$$$$..I asked them to send me an intake wheel & id do it myself since they wouldnt warranty it..I was told by harry(i think was his name) that it was a prioritised turbo& only he had parts for it &he wouldnt sell me the part..so I bought my wheel from someone else & fixed it myself..thats why in my sig is BW51..thats MY prioritised turbo..No I didnt have anything in the pipe to ruin the turbo..Ill pay double before I buy aything from them again..

Did you mean Proprietary?

Prioritised 1) isn't a word. 2) would mean to "put things in order by importance" if you had spelled it correctly.

pri·ori·ti·zation (-t-zshn) KEY (Noun)
Usage Note:
It can be argued that prioritize serves a useful function in providing a single word to mean "arrange according to priority," but it is often regarded as corporate or bureaucratic jargon. Resistance to prioritize, however, has fallen dramatically in recent decades. In 1976, 97 percent of the Usage Panel rejected its use in the phrase a first attempt to prioritize the tasks facing the new administration. By 1997, however, 53 percent of the Panel approved the use of (((((( prioritize )))))))) in the sentence Overwhelmed with work, the lawyer was forced to prioritize his caseload. This suggests that, like finalize, prioritize is rapidly securing a place in our everyday vocabulary. See Usage Note at finalize.

I believe it is a word..I misspelled it as always I do..(spell it like it sounds) but the meaning is not what I was told or explained to at the time..he said..he was the only supplier of those turbos & parts..which was wrong..I got the parts from another supplier..main thing was I was a lil man only ordering a lil turbo..not alot of parts & I wasnt a PRIORITY..either way I feel I got screwed but I got it working in the end is all that matters..just didnt want to have to be a turbo mechanic as soon as I was..but hey..thats how you learn sometimes...

rjc

wow! someone picked up the phone at RJC? I called 2 times and left my # but nobody ever called me back. I do like my hallman boost controller though.

Thank You Mike !

Ok, first let me say we have great interest when any customer has a problem and we will do what we can to correct it. I am slightly confused however, from what you wrote it looks like you already got the chip back? Is this correct? If not PLEASE call Marianne at 586 294 4404 and lest get this resolved. If you got it back and are stil having a problem call us so we can fix it. If I am not hear talk to her and she can get with me right way. I will also send an email
Mike

You got to the bottom off my problem and I now have the replacement chip in the Car and it is running fine!

THE NEXT DAY UPS SATURDAY DELIVERY was NOT NEEDED but I appreciate your sincere effort in customer service damage control, You have good people skills would be a very good customer relations department head.

THANKS again, TURBO E38

I myself have been involved with Turbo Buicks since '87. Got my first one in '94 after I got out of the service. There have been numerous vendors in the Turbo Buick community, some good, some bad. Boy the stories I could tell. :D Maybe someday I'll write a book. :cool: Hmmm.... Anywho, I have had very good business relationships with the following companies, not only with my own stuff, but also with my friends purchases.

In no particular order:

Precision Turbo
Full Throttle Speed
Hartline Performance
DLS Engine Development
Cottons Performance Center
Kirbans Performance Products
RJC Racing
Caspers Electronics
Gbody parts
nos4gn
TR Custom Parts
Quad Air

All of them have good customer service and have been reputable in the Buick community. Not to mention have personally been responsible for pushing the envelope ever higher with these cars. Every vendor/customer relationship can at times have slight bumps in the road, it's the way the vendor smooths out those bumps that's important. To me, it's not about cheapest price, but customer service and honesty. Me being in the parts business myself I see it everyday. You just have to remember, when it comes to Hot Rodding, which after all is what we are doing here, just in a more modern format, nothing ever comes easy. There will always be bumps in the road with your quest to build a perfect street / race car. One thing these cars will force you to develop, is a good sense of patience. There have also been some good vendors which have gone away over the years, and it's a shame to see them go. Each year I would go to the GS Nationals, I would make it a point to try to "spread the wealth" so to speak with all of the vendors. One other thing we have to remember, if it were not for these pioneering vendors who have supported the Turbo Buick community since day one, we would have nothing. The amount of R&D that has been done to get us where we are today is mind boggling. And a lot of people take this for granted big time. Especially newbies who do not know the past.

Think of it like this, the new 2010 Camaros are just now hitting the streets, not much exists for big hp bolt ons. But I can assure you there are many companies who are racing to bring new bolt ons to market for this car. Many companies who are testing and tuning every weekend with their newest toy. You will see a huge amount of stuff this year at the Sema and PRI shows. This is how it's always been. Whether it's been for F-bodies, Mustangs, Mopars, Imports or Buicks. We have been extremely lucky in the Buick world, with the amount of dedication and commitment these above vendors have had with us and Turbo Buicks. I don't know if most of you know this or not, but Turbo Buick parts alone don't keep the lights on. All of those vendors have diversified with other applications. You have too in this day and age. But it's those good guys who have the same desire, (Or is that disease?) that keep us happy with our Turbo Buicks. Without them we'd have nada. Try to remember some of this next time you start beating up a vendor for a cheaper price. One things for sure, getting seriously into Turbo Buicks, is not for the faint at heart, it's definitely an experience. All of these cars have a heart and soul. They will test you when you least expect it. Some more than others. If you treat them right, they will reward you. If not, they will punish you. This is true no matter what brand of hot rod you're working with.

In the end, good customer service and tech support is priceless. And all of those companies above have those two qualities in spades.
Sorry so long winded.
Hope this helps.

Patrick

kirban 2 cents worth

Very well said as you covered many points that ring true.....the turbo buick is a small nitch market compared to Corvette-Mustang-etc. Many of us vendors have done R & D over the years. Some companies have changed ownership over the years only to struggle.

The ones that do this full time with overhead/expenses/insurance need good customer relationships and many do diversify in order to keep things afloat especially now in this up & down economy.

Many of these companies/vendors are always looking for new ideas and trying to keep their customers happy.

Appreciate all those that mentioned our company in their posts....we have been in the automotive mail order business full time since 1978 starting with the Pontiac GTO. It has been an amazing "ride"

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com