best alky kit?

Im intersted in hearing about coolingmist kits because....

I need to install it in my Porsche hybrid. There is no room for the pump or the resovour under the hood.

I have Julio's kits on my hybrids and a few Buick Gns :p.. 88 Mazda RX7 and a 92 Olds Custom Cruiser and Melissa's 9 sec GN. Julio has a lot of different tanks to mount anywhere. His kits are really simple to work and install. Julio can give ya a lot of tips on how to run everything. My Mazda is having everything mounted in the back. Under the hood wasn't possible.:cool:

Thanks Grumpy!

Sounds like your RX7 hybrid alky setup will be same as mine?

I did not see a trunk mount setup from Razor? I did see his "custom" kit which still had a small universal under hood tank setup?

Thanks Grumpy!

Sounds like your RX7 hybrid alky setup will be same as mine?

I did not see a trunk mount setup from Razor? I did see his "custom" kit which still had a small universal under hood tank setup?

He has a gallon one that is easy to hide in the back but still able to get to easily :biggrin:

I liked the last available SMC kit. It was reasonably priced and easy to install and provided the results I was looking for. They have since gone out of business so I would probably go with Razor or Alkycontrol. Another option would be to watch the parts for sale section and see if a decent used kit comes up for sale.

Julio is the man, although he probably don't want me to mention this but his customer support is the best!!! Called him this past week after his shop was closed and he did all he could do over the phone.

+1 for Razors kit, was on the Dyno last week and put down 664 rwhp at 22# boost on pump and a dual nozzle system.

Datar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alky Control

I've had Razor's kit in my daily driver for well over a year and 30K+ miles and it has performed flawlessly. Many many gallons of meth have flowed thru the system! :biggrin::biggrin:

Its like this. many ways to accomplish a task. You need to take the task apart and put it into context.

The alky system is three parts
1) Hardware= Tank, fittings, pump, lines(hoses), nozzle, filter
2) Electrical= Controller, wiring, termination, sensors
3) Support= vehicle specific, users, results.

Get the above 3 points and break them down individually. You will come to your own conclusion as to where your money goes.

The multipiece diaphram that comes in the smaller Shurflo's will fail with straight alcohol. It "IS" the reason of so many failures from the pump and the reason a lot of companies are moving to the Aquatec pump. The larger Shurflo's have a thicker single piece diaphram that is resiliant to straight methanol. We currently use, and have been using the larger version Shurflo's and our own custom valve for the last 6 years..

The diaphram material on the Shurflo and on the Aquatec pump is made of Santoprene, so there is no majic. But when you obtain the least expensive Shurflo pump they mfg and expect it to work wonderfully.. it wont. Its like buying a GEO and expecting a Cadillac. There is a write up describing the pumps on my site, Safety should be the number one consideration when installing a device designed to deliver a liquid under high pressure

Good luck with your choices.

As you can see Julio nows his chit and has done his homework. Unsurpassed customer service also. Wether its on the phone or on this site, he's always easy to get a hold of. I would say the majority of the members here use Razors kit so you also have the advantage of a lot of customer service reps on here. I run it and never had any problems. Bump for Julio.

I have a hybrid (68 Chevelle) and Julio's Kit (Alkycontrol) and it works great.
Who would have guessed?????
BTW i Called Julio and left him a message and he called me back.:biggrin:
when i buy my next Alky kit for my other car guess which kit i am getting???
Yeaup Julio will have to deal with me again.:cool:

Im intersted in hearing about coolingmist kits because....

I need to install it in my Porsche hybrid. There is no room for the pump or the resovour under the hood.

I know Razors kit is "the best for Buicks". This is kind of different so please don't flame me.

If anybody else is using the coolingmist kit PM me so you don't get flamed.

I have to do a custom setup anyway so, dong custom research.

I can't believe I'm in here posting considering this question is asked every week it seems, but...

Question was best for GN, this is pretty easy considering Julio knows every combo and nut and bolt on a GN. Have an issue, he'll tell you exactly what part on the car and location might be causing it, this type of service is hard to compare across the board. I'd bet Julio has sold and talked to over 300 GN members in the last year alone making him = Best for GN.

Doesn't mean other kits won't work, I use DO for Preturbo, just means Julio owns this Platform for Alky.

PS, run Methanol, when you're dialed in on Methanol, then add more.:biggrin:

Julio

I`ve had 2 SMC kits in the past.No other kit compares to Alkycontrol reguardless what car.I come from the supra world and lots of horsepower and wouldn`t consider another vendor.
There is Julio and then all the rest .
If you buy another kit you will get just what you paid for a second rate set up .

He has a gallon one that is easy to hide in the back but still able to get to easily :biggrin:

Sounds like the same way I've got mine setup. I'm using a JAZ 1gal cell in the spare tire well with the pump mounted below it on the bottom. Works well.