Best ALDL Blue Tooth adapter ever!!

The ALDL Droid guy didn't have much info to share. The App just parses the data that is defined in the .adx file, he didn't have intimate knowledge of the data format so couldn't fill in what fields were available to log. :sigh:

Been looking around for a good .adx file to play with, lots of stuff for 86/87 but having a hard time getting a hot air file.

Hey guys - sorry for not being on the board for the last month - too many things to set out here. The car is not running at the moment or i would be working on the aldl problem. Both John (1320 Electronics) and Sebastien (aldldroid) stopped dealing with me when I set out the problem with what I was getting real time and what was coming to the screens I set up. I figured the ECM was weirding out on my and was waiting until I got back to Canada to swap in my spare ecm.

I haven't gotten the chance to do that as the car died about an hour from my home in Canada after driving 1400 miles from Florida.

When I get the car running I will start again with the ALDL issues.

Phil from Ottawa Canada

Hey guys, I am back in the land of GN data gathering/interpretation. As I said before I was seeing really weird stuff; like one readout saying I was doing 17 mph when the car was parked. I was running a stock '85 ECM for about a year. Drove home to Canada and swapped out the 85 for my original '84 ECM. Car back to normal and looks like all readouts are back. I will take some screen shots from my tablet if I can figure out how. If not will try pics. I will also give as much detail as I can as to what readouts I am seeing. I will include what the file identifiers are and where I found them.

All info will be from/for my 1984 Buick Regal Grand National 1G4xxxxxxxx550072

I hope to get at this by the end of next week.

Phil from Ottawa Canada

OK, so I am trying to trace an engine knock issue but took a few moments to take pics of my tablet screen when running the 1320 electronics ALDL adapter with ALDL droid app.

Pin settings on the adapter are: 1 down, 2,3 and 4 up with 1D.adx file in ALDL droid app.

Image 0041 shows the ALDLdroid screen before connecting to the ecm. 0042 shows the rpm dial running and coolant temp. 0048 shows the same info with a different format for the rpm. 0044 shows the various values that I wanted (IAC, TPS, coolant temp, blm, MAF etc. ) as you can see there are values shown for each. 0045 shows the error codes that I want to see, if and when they are set. I have no idea whether data for each of these codes would be sent as the only ones that have ever come up on my GN are 14, 15 and 21.

i have two .adx files - the 1D.adx that I am using in these screen pics and 1D_8word.adx - if you want these files just email me phil@zynetonline.com

TTFN

Attachments

• IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 84
  • IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 93
Great thanks, does your o2 dance around alot? Mine jumps from 400 to 770 and it's stinks. What is an acceptable value here?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I should add a caveat to all my questions about tuning. I am new to the whole scan tool diagnostic world and don't know my a$$ from a hole in the ground at this point.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk