Best 4.1 to build

Dr.drivability

9 second wannabee
Thinking of building a production 4.1. What cars did the better 4-1's come in and what are the production #'s. Would def use a girdle and poss a stroker crank. Ran a stroked 3.8 and really liked it. Will a stroked 4.1 bored .020 or .030 provide much more power and hold up like the 3.8 did? Thanks, Dave

The best block was the 291 casting. Think about putting a very expensive rotating assembly in a block that is weaker than the 109. Don't get me wrong I have been kicking around the idea myelf.

I'm thinking forged stroker crank, K1 rods, Diamond pistons, and girdle W/ stock caps. That's how I did my 3.8. My main concern is the block itself. Is it as strong as the 109? What did they come in and what can I expect to pay? Thanks, Dave

I'm thinking forged stroker crank, K1 rods, Diamond pistons, and girdle W/ stock caps. That's how I did my 3.8. My main concern is the block itself. Is it as strong as the 109? What did they come in and what can I expect to pay? Thanks, Dave

Talk to nick micale on this board. He has a lot of experience with the 4.1's and I believe he has built them to run in the high 9's.

Also... Check this video out. They do a build up for a 4.1 that is meant to run in the high 9's:

Video Engine Build: New Era Buick GNX | Horsepower Monster