Best 16" drag radials?

gn87turbo

what are the best 16 inch drag radials to put on my gta wheels? I tried the nitto couple years ago and they suck. Car runs mid 11's. Thanks

You don't have many options. Tire pressure is important. Some cars need to be lower than others and you have to play around with the suspension, launch technique and tire pressure. All of this assuming you are at the track...
I use a 275/55/16 M&H Drag Radial.

Don't have any real experience with them but Toyo has a 16" drag radial that might be better than Nitto but not as good as Mickey's. Might be worth a look...

Attachments

• IMG_0464.JPG
    IMG_0464.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 208
I have the Toyo tq's on my gta wheels and so far im impressed for the price. I've had nitto before and I'd say the toyo's are better and cheaper. Not sure compared to mt's

Mid 11 car on the street the Mickeys will be the best for traction. At the track any of the others should be fine if the track is prepped right.

On the street the Mickeys only last me about 3,000 miles versus 3 to 4 times more miles out of the others, Nittos seem to last the longest from what others have said and one person I know that ran the Nittos had over 5k on them before he sold them and were at 50%. I have no first hand experience with anything other then the Mickeys on the street or at the track as that is what works for me.

Mickeys suck in the rain when more than 50% worn on my car. Others report that they just plain suck in the rain even when new. It all depends on what condition or how deep the standing water is. Sadly most people who own these cars don't know how to drive on dry pavement let alone in the rain. I actually feel safer in the wet with them as they grip great on a wet road. However there is little warning if you find the limit on a wet road as they will warn you briefly when they are about to give up the ship and send your ass around.

Going around a corner at 70mph through 3" or more of standing water is NOT an option and will get your attention as it did mine and if you panic or don't know how to drive chances are you will be looking for a replacement TR.

It all comes down to how and when you drive your car. On the street or at the track. In the rain or dry pavement, and how many miles you want to get out of them.

You can't have it all, just what you want or need most. You pick, traction or longevity.

I personally pick traction and it costs me about 1,500.00 to 2,000.00 a year but I get the results most important to me. Traction that wins races!

Last edited:
I have the Toyo Proxes 255 55 16 on my car for the street, they are cheap and to the job better than any regular radial.I don't drive the car in the rain so that doesn't concern me.

Thanks for all the help and advice! Ordered Mickey Thompson today! Hopefully they will last me a while and hook better than the Nitto!

Thanks for all the help and advice! Ordered Mickey Thompson today! Hopefully they will last me a while and hook better than the Nitto!

Don't be pissed if they only last 3K - 5K miles, depending on your "tearing them loose" factor.

If you want to hook on the street, you made a good choice. If your looking for mileage from rear tires, you just plain bought the wrong car. :eek::eek::D:D

Don't be pissed if they only last 3K - 5K miles, depending on your "tearing them loose" factor.

If you want to hook on the street, you made a good choice. If your looking for mileage from rear tires, you just plain bought the wrong car. :eek::eek::D:D
I guess that's a good problem to have

Been 11.1 with my MT's on my gta wheels before I went to 275/60/15's on a second set of rims. Still use the MT's for street duty though.

MT are the best IMO! From my experience MTs and BFGs suck in the rain, just don't drive in the rain. [emoji8]

8e6bae0fdbfa2c2891a266345c6d5422.png

Hell that's a good deal for me,at 500 miles per year they will last 6 to 10 years and I'll be dead by then.

Went with the MT ET Street SS drag radial. Can't wait to get them on!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.7 KB · Views: 108