Benefits of amping.

E

Eighty2Regal

I have one of my amps going to my 4 by 10's and it really cleaned up the sound I have my system set up for vocal with bass at 0 and treble at 0 loudness is at mid and I got it sounding pretty good, the fader is at r3 because the front stock 4 by 6's distort pretty easily. My head unit goes up to 40 and i can turn it up to 28. It pounds pretty good. I have the bass boost on my amp going to the 4 by 10's and my sub i have the bass boost on my amp on. It sounds very nice in the car. You can hear all the words and details in the music. So i guess amping gives you more accurate and distortion free music.

are 2 12's or one 15 inch sub better????? for our regals to hear me coming...

assuming that the total power u send to the 2 12's is the same as what u would send to a single 15, the 2 12's will be louder. THey have more combined SA than the 15. Since the 2-12's combined will most likely take more power than the 15, they will even have that much more of a benefit.

Personally I prefer 15s or even 18's. While 12's of some brands can go low, they don't compare to the larger speaker.

And yes, amp'ing your speakers does help in producing cleaner sound. Most ALL spkrs when powered off of a head unit are under powered so they will distort and damage.