Bench

Bison is correct about 99%. You can continue fat burn on any cardio that keeps your heart rate below 140 ballpark. We end up doing 2-3 sessions a day for the last 2-3 weeks of cutting for a show. In the end...to get your body to respond to any of what Bison said about cutting but growing...I'm gonna add...you need to push what most would consider incredible amounts of weight. You would def need a very good spotter and you need total failure on each set.
I'm gonna say...just drop the weight for now and worry about dieting to add muscle after you trim. It works much easier and there is a lot less risk of damage or injury.
The small meals Bison suggested is totally correct. I eat 8 meals a day...about 300 calories per...2-2 1/2 hrs apart.

I appreciate all the information. Ill leave the muscle gain on the table till after I drop the weight. Do you think I could maintain my current muscle, and lose the 50lbs? I don't think maintaining what I have would be a big problem. I'd love to do the small meals thing, but I am a full time High School student lol. They don't allow food in the classroom. I'd have to stick to a 3 meal a day diet. It might be possible to do 4. I hear a lot of people just munch on almonds or whatever all day to keep the metabolism up. I like almonds, and I don't think it would be too hard for me to just eat those every couple classes or something.

Zack

This thread is depressing me. I used to lift hard until last May when I screwed my back up when I did something wrong doing squats. I should have listened to my body that day, then in June I had a car accident at work, didn't help the healing process. Still struggling through the injury but will get back to where I was. I'm 5'10 245 right now I'm 43 years young.View attachment 180108

Sorry to hear Jim. Good luck with the healing. Just take your time and ease back into it. You will be back lifting before you know it.

3beefcake.gif

Sounds like we need a bodybuilding thread or maybe just use this one. Some really knowledgeable guys here.
I got myself into a big bet to lose weight by April 5th :D