Before Black BS'ing thread.

Hey guys, someone I was talking to has a friend with a brand new carb-turbo engine. From what I was told, it was a brand new GM block that they put brand new pistons, rings, etc etc on. It is 100% complete from what I was told. I didn't get a chance to look at it, but I am sure I could. I just thought someone here might be interested. If you are, send me a PM and we can arrange something.

Thanks
ZNix

tell them to give me a vid of it running... and gimme some info...
ill take a gander at it.

Car craft summer nationals highlights.

More here-

Pictures by jacoblarson - Photobucket

Auto Cross Video/ Humor

picture-1140.jpg

picture-1139.jpg

picture-1143.jpg

picture-1147.jpg

picture-1148.jpg

picture-1149.jpg

picture-1153.jpg

picture-1131.jpg

nice!
You know the funny thing is that today I got best engine award at the local car show. I couldn’t believe I got that. I was so shocked, that I asked the judge why I won. He told me because it was something they never seen before.

Yes, the GM performance tent guys where there. They had a new camaro, a 4cylinder turbo 30's car, a big suburban for cars and the motors. Mostly they were chev motors like 4 409 style motors, some big blocks ect (yawn) They also had a 1970 olds 455 with smogger J heads off a 76 455 :rolleyes: , a big block buick, some LS motors, ect. Had probably 15 motors in nice shape there, although if you looked at casting stuff they were not right.

Well I am getting ready to go to the track this week. I already changed my heavy bumpers out for the fiberglass ones. The stock bumper is heavy compared to fiberglass ones. The fiberglass ones are like air. I changed the oil; pressure washed the underside, including the Trans. I don’t want there to be any issues with oil on the stuff. I put my homemade fiberglass hood on, put on the nitrous plate, and have that ready. I got a friend to lend me his slicks. He was more than willing to let me use them. What a good friend! I have the alky kit set up. I am almost ready to rock. I was thinking about taking out the passenger seat. Its only four bolts to take it out. Still have to dig out the trailer. Its all the way in the back of my lot with weeds growing around it and a car on it.

I was wondering can I run C-16 ? Can it be mixed with pump gas? The gauge says E should I run the car until it shuts off or just pour the stuff in the tank?

Any other tips guys? someone told me to have ice bags lay on the intake and the cold side of the turbo before each run. i just see a mess with that idea. :rolleyes: give me some tips and tricks guys. i am planing a all or nothing run that day.:biggrin:

Hell naw come race me... or ill come to you if the price is right my car is pretty much stock straight from the dealer...

Well I am getting ready to go to the track this week. I already changed my heavy bumpers out for the fiberglass ones. The stock bumper is heavy compared to fiberglass ones. The fiberglass ones are like air. I changed the oil; pressure washed the underside, including the Trans. I don’t want there to be any issues with oil on the stuff. I put my homemade fiberglass hood on, put on the nitrous plate, and have that ready. I got a friend to lend me his slicks. He was more than willing to let me use them. What a good friend! I have the alky kit set up. I am almost ready to rock. I was thinking about taking out the passenger seat. Its only four bolts to take it out. Still have to dig out the trailer. Its all the way in the back of my lot with weeds growing around it and a car on it.

I was wondering can I run C-16 ? Can it be mixed with pump gas? The gauge says E should I run the car until it shuts off or just pour the stuff in the tank?

Any other tips guys? someone told me to have ice bags lay on the intake and the cold side of the turbo before each run. i just see a mess with that idea. :rolleyes: give me some tips and tricks guys. i am planing a all or nothing run that day.:biggrin:

still need this answered :tongue:

Hell naw come race me... or ill come to you if the price is right my car is pretty much stock straight from the dealer...

i would watch my self before i try to race a stranger. i am just saying that because my dads friend has a mustang that just ran 7.60 in the 1/4 he does outlaw ten five and something else. i bet he would run you lol
but i am not into to race anyone. i am in it for the fun and to see what my car can do. so do you have any trick you wouldnt mind sharing? did you do any air brushing yet? i need some peole to help post in my thread.

I got a few, but ill race him too in the same car.

Check with more involved racers that run c16 on tuning issues or needs.

Couple of sugestions for you Matt. 2 big bags of sand in the trunk. One where the spare goes and one at the back of the trunk centered. It'll help weight transfer.

Go with the C-16 and add a little alky to aid cooling. Figure 1 gallon E-85 for 5 gallons of C-16. It'll cut the octane slightly but the cooling effect will make up the difference and shouldn't mess up the tune.

Oh yea, don't hit anything or the front end will be a big mess since it's fiberglas now.:biggrin:

Ice will cool it down to some degree but be careflu. Cold to fast may crack the metal. Also make sure you're running water only. If you've got anti freeze in it and it leaks you will have hell with the track officials.

Couple of sugestions for you Matt. 2 big bags of sand in the trunk. One where the spare goes and one at the back of the trunk centered. It'll help weight transfer.

Go with the C-16 and add a little alky to aid cooling. Figure 1 gallon E-85 for 5 gallons of C-16. It'll cut the octane slightly but the cooling effect will make up the difference and shouldn't mess up the tune.

Oh yea, don't hit anything or the front end will be a big mess since it's fiberglas now.:biggrin:

Ice will cool it down to some degree but be careflu. Cold to fast may crack the metal. Also make sure you're running water only. If you've got anti freeze in it and it leaks you will have hell with the track officials.

i forgot to add drain anti freeze to my list. i will do that the day before. i also washed all oil off the engine and trans so i have no issues. i would think sand bags would add weight to the car and make it run slower. i can give it a try. i am going to swith the bumpers back after i get back from the track. its only 16 bolts to get it off. the stock bumper is just a bear to pick up. other wise easy change.