Before Black BS'ing thread.

1000 posts in the topic! Best B4B topic yet. :D

So if the upper half of the 87 intake is so poor, is the lower half bad? What about making some sort of a smooth shaped doghouse instead of the boxy shape? More of a Hemco style?

And 8160 views.:biggrin::cool:

Yup 7mpg on a good day. For such an old rv its clean underneath.

You know what... I just need to have one of you guys come out here for like 4 days to spend on my cars. 1200$+ room and food:eek::biggrin::biggrin: is in it for whoevers interested...

Yay.... back to shop tomorrow morning, wont be BSIng with yall as much, will be done in 10 weeks. :biggrin:

Getting a turbo hood tomorrow for $35! from a guy I met at the cruise in Flint a couple weeks ago and he is GIVING! me a header panel with a grill!:eek: He also is going to sell me a bunch of draw-thru stuff... carb, intake, turbo and plenum for under $100:eek:(I hope it has a PERV:biggrin:)

I still plan to go blow-thru, but this is a good start and a great deal(a Weiand intake alone is $200+ used:rolleyes:).

Can I run the draw-thru carb without using the ESC? It was a ESC motor he said... but I still need a distributor if I use one and he doesn't have one:(

Well you may have lost your funding but you did make up for it Jase. Congrats! You'll need at least a BTM to make it all work as well as some sort of knock detector.

Yeah, sometimes just being patient pays off. I will keep my eye out for a MSD BTM:biggrin: what other brands are their?... I know theirs more that just one. In the mean time, I think ill just buy a ESC distributor from dmr22.

Getting a turbo hood tomorrow for $35! from a guy I met at the cruise in Flint a couple weeks ago and he is GIVING! me a header panel with a grill!:eek: He also is going to sell me a bunch of draw-thru stuff... carb, intake, turbo and plenum for under $100:eek:(I hope it has a PERV:biggrin:)

I still plan to go blow-thru, but this is a good start and a great deal(a Weiand intake alone is $200+ used:rolleyes:).

Can I run the draw-thru carb without using the ESC? It was a ESC motor he said... but I still need a distributor if I use one and he doesn't have one:(

Im glad everythings working out. to get all that stuff for under $100 is a great deal.

Im glad everythings working out. to get all that stuff for under $100 is a great deal.

I might just buy his whole motor... better to have more, than less. I might be doing some modding to that header panel... I want to make it more aerodynamic, but still look stock... a little cutting and some fiberglass work should do it:biggrin:

I might just buy his whole motor... better to have more, than less. I might be doing some modding to that header panel... I want to make it more aerodynamic, but still look stock... a little cutting and some fiberglass work should do it:biggrin:

i modified my header pannel so the cowl would fit the header. i didnt want to have a cowl hood that didnt flow. soon i am going to make a bodywork thread in the how to section. i am hoping to find a header pannel that is all broken up so i can show people how to fix it. i might even show people how to mold in cowl scoops and other body modification. i am working on getting a door done so i can start that thread. so keep your eves open. i hope to add to that thread PDR(paintless dent repair) some airbrushing how to. i might do some bullet hole airbrushing, rivits, and some fake alum pannel paint. i really wan to make it big so any one can do body work and body modifications. i might add some rust repair but i think charlie did most of it in his thread...

Attachments

• SUNP0035.jpg
    SUNP0035.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 52
That`s a good idea... I was going to do that with my friends 87 GN header panel, that he hit a school bus with:eek::biggrin: I still have to get it from him... its cracked and the grill is smashed. Should be a fun fix and by fun, I mean a paint in the A:rolleyes:

i modified my header pannel so the cowl would fit the header. i didnt want to have a cowl hood that didnt flow. soon i am going to make a bodywork thread in the how to section. i am hoping to find a header pannel that is all broken up so i can show people how to fix it. i might even show people how to mold in cowl scoops and other body modification. i am working on getting a door done so i can start that thread. so keep your eves open. i hope to add to that thread PDR(paintless dent repair) some airbrushing how to. i might do some bullet hole airbrushing, rivits, and some fake alum pannel paint. i really wan to make it big so any one can do body work and body modifications. i might add some rust repair but i think charlie did most of it in his thread...

I doubt that my rust repair is that great Matt but I'd really like to see the rest, especialy the leading method. I'd like to know how to do all the work but there's only so much time after all.:biggrin:

Well... Im nearly broke for now... motorless, back in school, and coming down with something.... I hate this State.... I hate (some) the people here... I REALLY do need a fresh start. On the good side, I hope to get some work done on the car sometime soon. Im going to hit some junkyards to find a 4.1 or a 3.8. Aj, ill send you a message about that 3.8 if you still got it... All the jeep crawlers out here got the 4.1s:mad::mad::mad: Let the buick guys have em" dammit..

All this motor talk has a hold on me now, so i picked up a 3.8 c/t that was puffin for $300:cool: im thinking that is has valve seal problems or the rings since the turbo has very little side/side play,this is going to be great because I get a chance to learn how to rebuild the motor at my friends shop:biggrin: