Been watching Barrett Jackson,,,,,,,,

i cant believe how low the car went for-
1 of 77 hemi winged warriors for 285??????
sigh-

when i win the lottery i will own a winged warrior and head for the drive-in and watch a movie or 2 sitting on the back wing of the bird-
i cant believe how sturdy those wings are!

BW

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
i cant believe how low the car went for-
1 of 77 hemi winged warriors for 285??????
sigh-

when i win the lottery i will own a winged warrior and head for the drive-in and watch a movie or 2 sitting on the back wing of the bird-
i cant believe how sturdy those wings are!

BW

Umm there were 135 Hemi Superbirds built....and if you were to offer 1/2 that to most of current owners, they would take it in a heartbeat. Many that are even nicer than the one sold at BJ.

Because two idiots are battling it out to prove which one has the biggest bankroll doesn't mean their are 136 more idiots just like them.

I was there all day. looked over Gallinas car pretty good. A ton of cool stuff, a lot of A-holes too.

Attachments

• word up.jpg
    word up.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 353
I was shocked to see the twin turbo callaway corvette go for peanuts. I think it was 35k ish or so.

It might only be worth that but after seeing a 56 Ford Big Window truck go for big bucks i figured anything could sell for 5 times what it was worth.

:rolleyes:

I think today between 2-4. I hope it brings big money, this will only help us with the Value of our cars. Hopefully;)

Hey Blownz who loves ya Bro;)

Originally posted by BlownZ
I was shocked to see the twin turbo callaway corvette go for peanuts. I think it was 35k ish or so.

Is that all it went for I didnt see it go through but it was amazing. TT ZR1 with 750hp, and a ton of custom work.

Originally posted by NJTurbo
I think today between 2-4. I hope it brings big money, this will only help us with the Value of our cars. Hopefully;)

Hey Blownz who loves ya Bro;)

I just got word from Marka and John. It went, but for peanuts. That car was the end of the Gallina Racing legacy. I've been asked to shut down their site. Its a sad day for us.

Originally posted by ACLR8R
Is that all it went for I didnt see it go through but it was amazing. TT ZR1 with 750hp, and a ton of custom work.

The one that went for $35K was an '88, so it was a 350 TPI car. Whoever bought it got a good deal.

A low mile, '83 factory Slantnose Cabrio 930 Turbo went for similar money (probably $90K in 1983 dollars, new)

A junk purple 318 Challenger with a 383 4bbl, painted steel bumpers and "340 six pack" stickers on the side went for the same $38K.

:rolleyes:

You know, I think could buy a stripper slant six Challenger for $1,500. The car basically needs everything but glass.

Think it would be worthwhile?

Tom

Originally posted by THE ARS
You know, I think could buy a stripper slant six Challenger for $1,500. The car basically needs everything but glass.

Think it would be worthwhile?

Tom

No.

Buying an old car for an "investment", especially one that you have to cobble together from nothing is "hit or miss". The car is basically worthless until it is completely finished. And you could have A LOT of money in it by then.

If you have to unload it mid restoration you will get PENNIES on the dollar of what you have in it. NOBODY wants to buy a mopar project. I had a rustfree, original purple 440-4 'Cuda that was in primer, ready for a motor (needed rebuilt) and assembly (I disassembled it for paint) and NOBODY wanted it for $10K (I had about $13K total in it). It took a year to sell it.

Based on the crap I saw at barrett Jackson, it was a $50K car painted and assembled, $65K if I put a Crate Hemi in it :rolleyes:

The Reality is, Barrett Jackson ISN'T reality.

Buy a car to want to drive when you restore it. I know I didn't want to drive that 'cuda when I was done with it.