Been searching, and now have many questions

Xamot

Hey All,

So I bought an 81 Regal that was a Turbo car, and has since been swapped for an Olds 307. Ironically, it is also about half-way through a GN clone process. Anyway, I plan on finishing the project and swapping a 109 block into the car. I have searched the forums here at GBF, and turbo regal.
Here is where I am at.

A 109 block bored.20
Forged Pistons
Valve job on stock heads
ARP head bolts
ARP forged rods
3" down pipe
60lb injectors

Everything else will stay stock for now until money and time present itself. I am pretty good with a wrench, but I have a guy who is going to be my mentor on the build. Basically a living shop manual who will give me instructions, while I do the work. I'm 38, and about to turn 1 more click on the clock. My dream car has always been a 1984 GN with an 87 drivtrain and GNX accents. I have promised that I would have this done as a 40th Birthday gift to me. I am hoping that some of you guys can comment on what I have laid out and tell me what you think I will get out of it and what I may be missing.
Thanks all,
Mike

A 109 block bored.20
Forged Pistons
Valve job on stock heads
ARP head bolts
ARP forged rods..... too much money,stock rods and bolts are fine.
3" down pipe
60lb injectors

Is that a plan or is it parts in hand?

I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear guys. I am looking for advice on parts to pick up to build up the engine to make a 11 sec street car. I haven't bought any parts yet. I am looking at Alky injection, maybe. And a bunch of build threads here. I just took the most common parts I found in the build threads I found on cars that are posting similar numbers.

It's a shopping list John. The car was swapped from the turbo V6 to an Olds 307 sometime in it's past. The owner before me got it as a GN clone project and I am going to finish it off. I am finishing off the appearance first since the engine in it runs just fine. The build up will start after the holidays, but I need to give Santa my list. LOL