Been out of the game-08-09 nhra rule changes?

SS_Sean

Pro Bracket
Hey, guys. I wasn't able to race my 78 malibu last year due to financial reasons. Bought a house and had to play catch-up after dinking around with the GN waaay too much.

Anyway, going to make some passes again this coming season. As of '07 my 78 Malibu was up-to-date to run down to a 10.00. My best is 10.57@125. Hoping to drop some weight and see a little improvement.

What's changed for '08, and what can I expect for '09 as far as NHRA rules?

I heard a rumor NHRA will not allow wrap-around harness connections anymore. I have the lap belts and crotch belt bolted to the floor, but the shoulder straps are wrapped around the back bar the seat is bolted to.

You may want to try the Safety section on here. Seems a lot of drag racers frequent there. I'm curious now too since mine wrap around the bar behind my seat as well.

SS_Sean;2088998...........I heard a rumor NHRA will not allow wrap-around harness connections anymore. I have the lap belts and crotch belt bolted to the floor said:
The 2009 NHRA rule book states "Belts must be securely fastened to the frame, crossmember, or reinforced mounting so that all fittings are in a direct line with the direction of the pull. Seat belts may not be wrapped around lower framerails." :)