been away awhile need help, please!

fastblackcar

Never Finished!!
i did a burn out in my driveway, see fast86gn on youtube, last year the car ran bad after so i parked it, if i remember right the car makes a dieseling sound when you try to get it going, knock light comes on you get the pic, been sitting for a year trying to remember, it also has a sound like a ticking lifter, high pitch, i just did a compression check i thought i must have done a headgasket, the driverside is all around 120, the pass side front 2 145 end one @ windshield 120, i removed all the plugs on the side i was checking, the car doesnt like boost at all, any ideas i have been away from these cars for a while, sometimes life gets in the way, tip next time tell the 10 year old," nah not today, get daddy another beer." car starts perfect all gauges stay fine ,drove it home from storage very easy 5 miles @ 55 mph gauges were fine
thanx .....
Tom

Did you do a leak down test? Hook a good troubleshooting vac gauge to it and make note of any readings and I dont trust most comp testers but my snap on.

Pull your valve covers and inspect while valve train is movin

mike

thank you

i pulled the valve covers off last nite thats all i had time for , so i have not watched it run while open yet, tell me about a leak down test, i used a borrowed mac tester, i did a visual on the springs and such, nothing looks bent/ broken, tomorrow hopeful will have time for a running test, the ticking sound like a lifter is strange , high pitch, not a low deep like a rod / main knock, thanx for any help

i pulled the valve covers off last nite thats all i had time for , so i have not watched it run while open yet, tell me about a leak down test, i used a borrowed mac tester, i did a visual on the springs and such, nothing looks bent/ broken, tomorrow hopeful will have time for a running test, the ticking sound like a lifter is strange , high pitch, not a low deep like a rod / main knock, thanx for any help[/QUOT

Just a suggestion: that ticking sound could point to a leak in your exhuast headers, i.e., cracked exhaust gasket, or loose exhaust bolts. This could be an area to check.

Bruce '87 Grand National

more help camshaft?? Pleeze advise

well i finally got a few minutes i let it run and observed, he is what i found :
the noise is coming from driverside, the last rocker is not moving as much as the rest, i put a screw driver in the rockers, all the others would bounce the screw driver around except the one closest to the windshield, i m almost sure that knocking /ticking souds like that general area, i removed the rockers and nothing looks bent/broken or damaged, NOW what lifters or a cam?? remember this car ran 100% before this burnout, starts and runs great just doesnt like the turbo now!

which cam for me ? can i check a lifter?

if i take it apart and it needs a cam please advise, has poston 107t now, but has that noise around the lifter im still thinking a lifter went bad any way to check a lifter?