Beat Vette bad with 5 people in car

BADASS86GN

I was coming home from a football game at my high school and i had a few friends in the car. One in the passenger seat and 3 in the back. So, i'm driving along and one of my friends say,"can you beat a new vette?" I said,"i dunno with 5 people in the car." i gave it a try anyway. We hit a red light and he gave me a nod like he wants to go so i gave one back to him. I don't build any boost, just got the RPMs up a bit and we hit it when the light turns green. I spin really bad despite the extra weight but still blow right by him. I spun by him and caught some traction and took off. I put about 7 or 8 cars on him before i hit 80 and then i shut it off. Guess what we hit another red light and i get to see who was driving the vette; it was a 50 or 60 year old man (typical). He says to me, "son, are you old enough to know what your driving?" "I know enough that i can beat a vette with the family in the car." He didn't like that to much and gave me a bad look and slowly drove off.

Craig

Derned Teenagers! ;) Dont worry Im also a teen, get the dissaproving-old-guy stare all the time.

I think you only get that look if you treat the car as if you were a teenager with a slow stang (you know the kind). iam just turning 21 but have had my car since i was 18 never recieved those looks because i always drove my car like i knew what i had but dont get me wrong when somebody wanted to test me i had to show them what was up.

nice kill!!!!! I love vettes but have run into some cocky "old" men in theirs. I just turned 22 and I know exactly what your talking about!!! In my 84 The cocky S.o.b. Just looked over and laughed at me!! Looks like you got your car doing what i'll be shootin for. Some of these old timers need to give us youngin's a chance!!! Take it easy

I think every younger board member (myself incuded at 18) gets wierd looks and comments when driving around in a TR. Every vette that I try to run won't run me. Usually its an older guy at a light telling me he's not dumb enough to run a GN.

Good kill

Nice kill, but next time, perhaps think REALLY hard how exactly you would explain things to the families of your passengers if something were to go wrong. I'm the last person on this board to lecture on street racing, but racing with 5 people in the car is fairly dumb.

I do not generally do stupid crap while driving (well the occasional burnout, but when no one is around!) but driving a vintage mopar, most older guys believe only they are deserved of driving anything with power. Cant wait to get the buick in my garage!

Now that i look back on it, it was kind of dumb with 5 people in the car. Like most teenagers, i'm probably a little too confident in my driving skills but you learn with experience i guess. That's something i don't have much of yet and that my dad always brings it up. I must say, i have no tickets and no wrecks yet (doing good so far).

Craig;)

at least you were wise enough to shut it down at 80 instead of pulling it to 130 or so, as i've been known to do on occasion!:rolleyes:

I've had my car since I was 17. Got it on Friday the 13th, in October. Scary, huh? Good kill though.

Nick

That's a funny story but I'm on the other side of the fence, I own a vette and have had it since the age of 19, so I use to get alot of , (Hey nice car,Now take it back home to daddy)after I would beat someone racing. You have to look at the big picture, not everyone driving a vette is over 40 and they all aren't stock, just like GN's.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Sinister87
That's a funny story but I'm on the other side of the fence, I own a vette and have had it since the age of 19, so I use to get alot of , (Hey nice car,Now take it back home to daddy)after I would beat someone racing. You have to look at the big picture, not everyone driving a vette is over 40 and they all aren't stock, just like GN's.:rolleyes:

I'm 29 and have a "slightly modified" C5:D I know what GNs can do, but I'll still give it a try even if I know I'm about to get owned. Out of my circle of friends, I think I have the slowest car and I run mid 11s. Chalk that up to a car payment using all my "mod money". I've had a lot more Buicks than Vettes, I love 'em both but they're 2 different kinds of cars. Now I need to get my hands on a turbo Buick and see what I can get out of it;)

Artie, get rid of that C5 - before you really find out how much in the hole you end up in ! Call me up dude, PM me ...

Originally posted by rob4hire
Artie, get rid of that C5 - before you really find out how much in the hole you end up in ! Call me up dude, PM me ...

PM me your number, you interested in the C5?:confused:

For a new car it is a great bang for the buck. The only other car out that is better is the Viper. These cars run with $100,000+ cars for a fraction of the price. I am talking new, not how good a Buick you could build for $50,000.

Nick

I understand now...

I have never owned a car newer than '87

For example...my brother has an 03 Pontiac Grand Am GT "ram air" 3.4 or whatever.:) The interior is loaded with this plastic crap, cheap looking. And it looks like they forgot to debur the edges on most of it. What gets me is the plastic that 'appears' to be where the cloth should be. Just funny to me. some plastic is ok, i'm just prejudice when it comes to cars.

Just curious, what is the actual top speed on one of those there new zo6 'ers??

I realize they have an aero advantage over a Regal as well....respectable.

Later, :D

Originally posted by I eat Z06
For a new car it is a great bang for the buck. The only other car out that is better is the Viper. These cars run with $100,000+ cars for a fraction of the price. I am talking new, not how good a Buick you could build for $50,000.

Nick

03/04 Cobra for $30-35k would have to be on that list :D We all know the '02+ Z06 is slightly quicker and handles better, but it's also a bit more money. I'd like to have all three in my garage!