Beat a Blown Big Block Cuda (pics!!!)

il_wolf_li

Beat a Blown Big Block Cuda, in my Mustang (pics!!!)

There is a guy here in town with a Tubed, Caged and Blown (6-71 BDS) 440 '70 or '71 Cuda that is always talkin ****, he is one of my friends but he still talks a lot of ****. Well we all make fun of him because we know his car is slow for what it is (absolutely beautiful though). Well this sunday I had the nitrous (150 shot) on my car and pretty tuned, I drove out to the track, changed tires and was running premium while he trailered his and was running straight C16 race gas and 13lbs of boost. We get in our lane for 'last man standing' which is a street legal class (go figure his trailer queen is in it). So I get in the car and get ready, roll into the burnout box and do my burnout and then stage, as I hit the first light it dawns on me that I am lined up against the Blown Cuda. The light goes yellow and bam +.154 to his +.261, I just see him out of the corner of my eye and then I don't really see the car anymore, 1/8 mile comes up and (7.155@98 to his 7.491@91) and then I glance in my mirror and I see his whole car and I cross the finish line (11.128@124.3 to his 11.824@111.99). Well on the way back I can tell he isn't to happy, later he tried to blame it on a slick going flat but his 2nd pass netted him another 11.8 pass. On my 2nd pass I broke 3rd and had to quit for the day, but I still drove it home with all the grinding. :cool:

Pic of his motor (none of the car, sorry):
jeffengine.jpg

Pic of my motor and car:
engine1.jpg

rearsidestang.jpg

Brian

Nice kill.. Sweet looking ride. What size wheels are you running up front? I've got the weld draglites aswell. I'm currently running 15x3's in the front and they feel like they'll slide out from under me if I take a turn. :eek:

Nice kill BUT that's the strangest damn looking BUICK I've ever seen.

Have we dropped the BUICK ONLY rule again???

Terry

Originally posted by tlturbo
Nice kill BUT that's the strangest damn looking BUICK I've ever seen.

Have we dropped the BUICK ONLY rule again???

Terry
Yes, if it was a buick it would be stranage looking.
I have been around for a while, I must have missed the part about this forum being buick only or having a buick only rule.
Nice kill
Charles

Hi Charles,

Yeah, about 6 months ago or so we started getting posts about people racing in their mothers Explorer, ricers posting, several Mustang guys etc so Rollin (moderator) had to nicely remind everyone that this was indeed a BUICK board and that post should be kept to Turbo Buick powered cars.

After all, that is why this is called a TURBO BUICK board and why most of us are on it - we own Turbo Buicks.

I for one love reading about TB kills, losses (heaven forbid) and intimidations. BUT as much as I love all hot cars, I really don't want to have to read about a Mustang or Supra or whatever beating something else on this board. I can always go to other boards if so inclined.

Take care - Terry

Originally posted by tlturbo
Hi Charles,

Yeah, about 6 months ago or so we started getting posts about people racing in their mothers Explorer, ricers posting, several Mustang guys etc so Rollin (moderator) had to nicely remind everyone that this was indeed a BUICK board and that post should be kept to Turbo Buick powered cars.

After all, that is why this is called a TURBO BUICK board and why most of us are on it - we own Turbo Buicks.

I for one love reading about TB kills, losses (heaven forbid) and intimidations. BUT as much as I love all hot cars, I really don't want to have to read about a Mustang or Supra or whatever beating something else on this board. I can always go to other boards if so inclined.

Take care - Terry
Thanks Terry,
I guess I really did miss it.

Well I am on here a lot and love reading TB kills also and post on here, I have killed a lot of cars in my Mustang and haven't posted them on here. I thought that this was an especially nice kill and was excited I got my daily driven (was and will be in 2 days again) car to run an 11.1. I didn't think that people were so up tight on this board to go off about someone posting something other than a TB, this is one of the few boards that has a kill section that is actually posted on a LOT, and I love Raven's stories. If it makes you feel any better I am building a second Twin Turbo kit for my car using stock '86-'87 GN turbo's.

Brian

Reason for pics not working at the moment:
Downloads from your account has been temporarily locked
Our system has detected that your usage over the last 24 hours has exceeded your daily transfer limit. Externally linked files are temporarily unavailable.As soon as your 24 hour total usage drops below your daily transfer limit, public access to your files will be restored.

supercharged 440 sticking WAY through the hood.. that's alot of drama to only run 114 in the 1/4. :confused: :p

Nice race:cool:

Originally posted by Romulus
supercharged 440 sticking WAY through the hood.. that's alot of drama to only run 114 in the 1/4. :confused: :p

Maybe it's one of those "Mad Max" blowers. I wonder if he has a switch where he can turn it on and off?

Originally posted by lyonsd
Maybe it's one of those "Mad Max" blowers. I wonder if he has a switch where he can turn it on and off?

i think the movie with the blower on a switch was the GTO in the movie...... about time travel... and some highschool kids.... the guy is racing it to 4,000 RPM'S and hits the blower and then they go faster LOL

something like, something somethin experiment .. what the heck was the name of that movie???