Bead blasting stock T wheels

TR6

Howdy all:

I have been thinking about polishing or somewhat redoing my stock T wheels. I have free access to a bead blaster (glass I think), and I thought that might be a quick/easy/cheap way to get them cleaned up. Will this work to clean them up? I have never ventured here before. If this will work, what am I am faced with after blasting them? I have tried searching a little on this process, but everyone has a different term for the process and I have not found much info. From what I have found, it seems that I am in for TONS of manual labor and work after balsting them, but I am not sure what. Can anyone tell me what all is involved after blasting them. The blasting I am sure is the easy part, but I suspect I am not done at that point. What would happen if they were blasted and left that way? Would they even look decent, and what must be done after that to polish them? I am guessing progressive stages of sanding, but am not sure. One more question, must the tires be removed for this process, or can I work on the wheels and then clean up the tires after the process?

Any info, insight, or pictures would be great.

Thanks.

October2508039.jpg

October2508040.jpg

Ooops sorry about the date tag.....my camera thinks it's a Delorean....

It will clean them up slick fast and in a hurry but it will also dull the ribs and they will have to be polished back out or machined to get a stock look. If they aren't that bad try soda first.

I did this earlier in the year and created a project journal over on hotrodders.com

Hotrodders Bulletin Board - Journal - aminga's Journal

WSLN 6- what did you do to get that?

aminga- I will read your thread, thanks for the advice.

The finish? Bead blast and machine the smooth parts. Coat of clear at the end and no more brake dust...