BE Cool Radiator Upgrade - Clearance problems

** Install the new stainless top plate **
Finally!

Since I had dry fit everything, I now knew that not only did the top plate A - sit nicely on the rubber isolators, but B - the new holes located the top of the radiator exactly far enough away from the A/C condenser bracket, giving me about 1/4" clearance which, is all I wanted.

Attachments

• IMG_0610.JPG
    IMG_0610.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
** The finish line **

At first I used hex head 6mm x 20 chrome bolts.

Not to ever be satisfied, and looking for more re-work, I changed these out to allen drive; button head 6mm x 20 bolts for a more finished appearance.

The final product.

Attachments

• IMG_0642.JPG
    IMG_0642.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0643.JPG
    IMG_0643.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0779.JPG
    IMG_0779.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 57
That's, that's, that's all folks!

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0808.JPG
    IMG_0808.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
Were you able to install the BeCool trans cooler or go with an external trans cooler?

Yes - the whole point of making these mods was because of the clearance issues associated with the 90 degree elbow fitting on top for the Trans Cooler portion of the BeCool.
The Trans Cooler is part of the overall BeCool Radiator, like the stock design.

So the quick answer is yes.
I did not go with an external cooler, so less fuss and muss associated with new lines, more connections, going to an external cooler.
More of a "stock" look if you will

Do you think you would have achieved the same results using the original oem top plate or mandatory to use the stainless top plate to get that extra clearance?

Any pictures showing the clearance?

I'll snap a new picture and post in a bit.

The clearance is about 1/4" now. Give or take.

Think of it this way.
I moved or "leaned" the top of the radiator towards the engine by just a smidge - maybe 1/2" or so. Tops.
The bottom stayed put in the rubber bushings as always.
The bottom did not seem to present any problems.

And it's no longer pressing up against the bracket that holds the hi & lo A/C condensor lines

Could I have modified the stock top plate?
I think so. I'm sure.
Although there is not as much "meat" there to slot or drill new holes, I could have done it.

I hesitated to hack the stock unit though, as that piece is probably almost as valuable or expensive as the aftermarket piece.
In other words, I wanted to keep the stock piece - stock, and throw it on a shelf for ......who knows! ;-)
The other pieces needed company?

If you're having trouble seeing the mods, or have questions, you can call me.
I'm at 706-263-3210
Day or night.
I always have time for Turbo Time.