Be careful with Subaru's

Thought it was interesting.

Thanks for the flames.

I'll put them on my GN hood!

There are two kinds of people who drive Subaru's, lesbians and men who are afraid of their wives. Don't give me "but they are sooo fast" because I'm sure there is a 10 second AMC Pacer out there somewhere and I would not drive it either!

hmmmm im not a lesbo and im not married so what does that make me? I could go on and on about my wrx sti (its no gn but still) but i think it speaks for itself. and I needed soething to drive in winter and I didnt think 300 hp awd with 3 limited slip diff's was a bad way to go:D

Yup Subaru's do speak for themselves.... :rolleyes:

Would make a very good lounge topic I'm sure. :eek:

I'm thinking of trading my Mudstain GT daily driver for a Forester XT wagon......13.8 out of the box in the quarter (has the XTI motor with a smaller turbo)

AWD station wagon.....can sneak up on Lightnings.....

Turb,
Thanks for link. Id like to Pace her. Or show her my Gremlin-the flesh toned one.:p

Be nice to those poor old AMC's, think of how much fuel they saved us for all those years. Now we can use it in our TR's.

Don't care if they run 10's out of the box; find one on the road and it will be going 55 in the left lane with no traffic to the right!

How can you guys be so short minded.

My subaru is no turbo regal, but it makes an awesome daily driver and for someone who had to business lease a vehicle in the $25K range the choices are pretty limited.

I believe there are at least 5 prominent people in the TR community that currently own WRX's, myself excluded.

I believe there is a bigger connection between the mindset of a TR owner and adults that buy WRXs then you might think....

Does anyone else see people driving things that are so ugly that you wonder HOW in the world it got OK'ed for production?

Yes, I'm an adult TR owner (over 50) and I think the Avalanche and some of the other SUV's that are out are so ugly. Same goes for a Suburu. And if you had $25K to get a car with, at least get something cute to drive. I have a red PT and love it. Too bad it isn't a turbo model but they didn't come out till 2003 and mines a 2002. But it's fun and good looking and can be bought for a little over 22K.

Sorry but I think the WRX is stupid looking. It looks like a VW that someone tried to rice out. Little square box, dumb looking roadrunner type scoop and a huge wing.

I love my WRX. Just bought it. Great car. A Turbo Buick will beat it in a straight line but that is about it. Two totally different cars with two totally different personality and purpose. And I like the way it looks, I do not have a big wing on mine either
Mike Licht

Why the hatred? Just because you don't like the way it looks?

Seems like a fine car to me......too euro looking for my taste, but I acknowledge it for being a well engineered car.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Why the hatred? Just because you don't like the way it looks?

No. Because there is always some hoot-owl looking numnuts doing 55 in the number one lane!

You TR people excepted I'm sure - although there is at least one vender that seems to continue to ignore me on a simple question about their product just like the smug Subaru owner that can't see or think past their own bumpers. :rolleyes:

It goes to show you that if you put enough engineering and money into something it will go fast. :eek: :rolleyes: Now lets see some TR's with the same type of engineering and money dumped into them as those pos Subaru's,,,can you say 7's or 8's:D Wrx's, Evo's and SRT 4's can bite my a$$!!!!!;)