battery drain

cmon guys ive read the procedure on gnttype but its a little vague.
do i connect both terminals to negative side?
i have a digital multimeter. what setting? what readins should i see?

Many ways to check but since you have a meter put it on the ampere scale and use the 10A or 20A scale to start. Make sure the probes are in the right holes for the high amperage scale you are using. Read the meter manual to be sure.

Next undo the positive battery cable from the car. Unhook the light under the hood or take out the bulb so it is off. Car off. Doors and trunk shut. No accessories on. Nothing in the engine bay on.

Next put one end of the meter to the battery and the other end of the meter to the red battery cable. The meter will be in series with these to connections and all the current draw goes through the meter at this point.

Read the scale for draw. If it is not over 1-9 amperes you can go down a scale or two to get a more accurate reading. You may need to move a probe in the meter socket to use other scales.

Report back the load under the conditions I just listed. :)

usually the alternator will drain it if one of the diodes are shot, or a fuel pump that will not turn off with the engine.

a 7-12 mA (0.007-0.012A) draw is considered normal on a TR without any aftermarket alarms or gizmos installed.

Jack :cool:
Racetronix

HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM, MY TRUNK LIGHT STAYED ON WHEN CLOSED. QUICK CK OPEN TRUNK PUSH IN PLUNGER :p