BAT brake etc

azgn

just a prop or two for PTS's BAT brake/tranny

first time out with the BAT brake (previously a Stage Right) and the full out PTS trans today........even tho the car had some issues, I won the Pro Bracket trophy...gotta love that button!

thanks Bruce!

PTS trans brake helps win!

This is rather understated!:)

For 2-3 years Woody has been competiting in this program at our local track with modest success and only one trophy win back in 2000.

First time out with his PTS killer trans and electric brake replacing the Stageright, and he intimidates a 9 sec. roadster in the final!:)

His car actually had a leaking header gasket so we had to continually dial up his times as it got worse. With the BAT brake, 70GT turbo and HR antiroll bar, he proved the consistancy and reaction time of a turbo car car can deal with the best of the non-electronic sportsman racers.

Congrats Woody!:D

Which transmission did you end purchasing, the Killer/Street strip with the bat brake?

I'm currently down due to my transmission going out and I have been debating on a transmission from one of the vendors on this board.

Other than the bat brake what can you tell us how the transmission performed, shifts, etc?

Thanks and congratulations on your trophy!

Dannyo

I have the "Killer Competition" model with the BAT brake.....it drives just fine on the street (I drive my car to the track, 100 mile round trip)....shifts are firm but not harsh

I shift it manually at the track @ 6000 rpm....it operates like any old 2004R otherwise

The Killer Comp that Woody has is equiped with every billet part we have innovated and produced including the very first PTS Xtreme billet O/D ring gear. Being drag racing is all about going as fast as possible without breaking, the trans was built accordingly.
Glad to see it had such a positive effect on your performance Woody. I wonder if Dick is gonna want another one now.

Congradulations and look forward to hearing of your future successes. :D :D :D

sadly, about the same.......5800 or so at 125....must be the 27" tires? (damn exhaust leak kept me from going any faster....and I slowed down with every pass...as did my dial in)

so prolly no prob with the converter....I'll get some "real" 28's and see what happens

we're gonna send that one back and have it tightened up some