baseline passes with my wifes 98 gs

murphinator

took my wifes regal gs to the track last night to get a few baseline runs done before I start modding it.

little bastard did pretty well for little track prep and a full tank of 91 octane 14.4 @96 , should be able to get her in the 13's for about $300 in mods , that will be good enough for her for now.

looks identical to mine in the vid at the bottom of my posts , bait & switch:biggrin:

"little track prep"?

I am actually thinking of getting my PAU out the track next week. Got any tips that the 3800 likes and to make FWD hook?

took my wifes regal gs to the track last night to get a few baseline runs done before I start modding it.

little bastard did pretty well for little track prep and a full tank of 91 octane 14.4 @96 , should be able to get her in the 13's for about $300 in mods , that will be good enough for her for now.

looks identical to mine in the vid at the bottom of my posts , bait & switch:biggrin:

"little track prep"?

I am actually thinking of getting my PAU out the track next week. Got any tips that the 3800 likes and to make FWD hook?

I have a whole thread on it over on the regal gs forum but you have to be a member to get in the racing section

as for what I did for track prep the other night it wasnt much:

removed drivers headlight to get more air in intake

front tires 30 psi

rear tires 55 psi

pulled traction control fuse

moved passenger seat fully forward

drivers seat as far forward as I could stand

folded in mirrors

removed jack & spare

beyond that it was just typical sound drag racing for et's

shallow stage

run on beaten path

look to end of track when staging

etc..

if you have a stock or close to stock ultra if it has 2.93 gears you can try holding 2nd gear through the traps , typically will help until you are trapping 96-97 then you need to shift 3rd - I was hitting the limiter just through the traps so with my next couple mods i will need to shift 3rd

L67 cars heat soak badly & easily if looking for pb's make a couple passes then park it for at least 45 minutes to let it cool off with the hood open , I always pull the hood release as soon as I turn on the return road , with my wifes car I didnt cycle any cold water over the radiator in the pits since I didnt plan on racing it that night I didnt have my sprayer with me , basically anything the "hot air" guys do for prep on here will benefit these cars also.

in my car in the video below I run 2 pairs of the G8 spring blockers in the rear coils to limit weight transfer ,I didnt have any in my wifes car that night. I think your car has air ride doesnt it ? if so I think you can load up the back of the car to get the air ride full then pull the fuse to keep some weight over the front -I know some of the SSEI guys do that

of course 1/8 tank or less of 93 octane then add 2 or 3 gallons of 100+ octane unleaded will kill any KR you may be getting and help times a bit

I could go on and on this is my favorite thing - tricking cars into being faster than the mod level would suggest

Nice runs, my 1rst 99 GTP ran about the same stock. I thought that was pretty good for a stock FWD. Then the mod bug hit and hasn't let go yet.