Data logging gurus: How are my baseline results?

Coelacanth

I'm not sure if this is the best place to start this topic, so please bear with me. :)

I finally bought the 1320electronics ALDL scanner, ALDLDroid app and got everything working. I'm no stranger to OBD scanning and logging, I did it quite a bit with my 2008 Pontiac Torrent. So after idling the car for a bit, I did a drive around town with a few hard accelerations onto the highway, and recorded a data log. It would be fantastic if one of you data logging & analysis gurus can check my log file and let me know if I have anything to worry about.

I recorded only 3 entries with knock retard (out of 1202 entries) and all three occurred somewhat in relation to high MAF readings, engine RPM & throttle position...so, probably when I was punching it. They occurred together, chronologically.

I should mention this was a baseline log before I do some intake/chip upgrades. The car currently is all stock engine-wise, running 91 octane premium unleaded. Stock chip, turbo. Car seems to run great and has about 90K km on the odometer.

My planned upgrades in a few weeks will be quite modest to begin with, just intake upgrades mainly. I'm nearly done building my own intake with 4" K & N cone filter reducing to a 3.5" LS1 MAF and 3.5" MAF pipe up to the turbo. To go along with that I'll be adding an Axis MAF translator and "new" Axis chip calibrated for stock injectors and street gas.

Thanks for helping, if you require any more info, let me know and I'll do my best to answer. The log is in Excel .XLS format and the columns are sortable. I also will upload a screengrab of a section of the spreadsheet sorted by knock retard, if that helps at a glance.

Attachments

• BaselineLogScreengrab.JPG
    BaselineLogScreengrab.JPG
    199.5 KB · Views: 101
  • BaselineLog.zip
    239.2 KB · Views: 49
I figured it might help to add sections of the spreadsheet sorted by MAF and Throttle Position, in case those help.

Attachments

• MAF_Sort.JPG
    MAF_Sort.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 102
  • TPS_Sort.JPG
    TPS_Sort.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 83
EDIT: Somehow the previous post got double-posted and I can find no way to remove it. D'oh...

Looks like some MAF issues, as the MAF reading is dropping, as rpm rises. MAF never maxed at 255.
O2 at 900+??

Thank you Chuck, anything is possible. I doubt the MAF was ever replaced, but if it was wonky, wouldn't I get a code? On my Torrent, I would get "MAF sensor out of range" error codes just by pulling out the stock airbox & resonator and adding a K & N cone filter. Should the MAF max out at 255 GPS at WOT? And what's considered a "normal" O2 reading? It seems that it could run anywhere from 0.1 to 0.9 (100 to 900), so I'm guessing >900 is not normal?

My planned upgrades in a few weeks will be quite modest to begin with, just intake upgrades mainly. I'm nearly done building my own intake with 4" K & N cone filter reducing to a 3.5" LS1 MAF and 3.5" MAF pipe up to the turbo. To go along with that I'll be adding an Axis MAF translator and "new" Axis chip calibrated for stock injectors and street gas.
Just curious, is Eric burning you a custom AXiS chip to run stock injectors?

Thanks Eric for doing the calibrations for stock injectors! I'm excited to put in my intake with your Axis chip & box!

Any comments regarding my knock retard readings? I know everywhere on this site people say the only good reading is no KR, but should I be worried about 3 or 4 seconds of KR out of a 29-minute drive? Maybe modern fuel and stock chip are hardly a good mix these days?

I guess I'll know in a week or two when I upgrade the intake, chip & MAF and do more logging.