Barry Grant King Sumo fuel pump

6cylturbo

In trying to track down problems we swapped out the Barry Grant for a Weldon. Since Ol' Barry gurantees their product and all you have to do is ship it to them with a description of the problem they fix and send back to you all beuatiful, shiny and almost brand new. Here's a description from Jeg's website: $499 shipped. Will be on ebay if you guys don't take advantage of the price break.

Barry Grant 170042 - Barry Grant Sumo and Enduro Series Fuel Pumps - JEGS

Extreme quiet performance, regardless of demand
Greater fuel volume with low amperage draw
Fuel cooled motor design
Interanl bypass, requires no return line from pump to the fuel tank (All Sumo pumps require a bypass at the engine and a return line from the bypass to the tank. For high-horsepower carbureted applications using Enduro pumps that spend a lot of time at idle or part-throttle, using a diaphragm-style bypass is recommended.)
Streamlined armature design inhibits cavitation, delivers more fuel, less noise
100% billet pump and motor housings provide solid pump and armature mounting
Integral 8-micron stainless steel filter fuel screen
Integral dry break design prevents fuel spillage when cleaning screen
No pump shaft seals, ends all fuel leaks
Can be mounted either vertical or horizontal

So, I can buy a new one from Jegs for $525+shipping or I can buy your used one for $500 shipped? Wow!
Conrad

thanks for the info

Lot's of posts on the price of the fuel pump. I am glad to haggle on price, since that is what usually happens here. thanks for the heads up on shipping at jeg's. how does $475 shipped sound. that is $50 off of their price and you still have the barry grant guarantee for the life of the pump.

brian

handling fee

i just checked with jeg's and they also have a $13.95 handling fee. handling?? shipping?? either way you look at it it's still extra.

sort of

barry grant really screwed up this series of fuel pump when it first came out. the 1st group of these pumps to hit the market were either bad right out of the box or were failing soon after. i found out about some of the bad things when cal hartline and otto were applying their expertise in tuning this beast. they new of others experiencing problems and sending back nearly new pumps and that's when we decided to try something else-weldon. barry grant has since 'fixed' the problem and i haven't heard of any more people having problems unless they purchased one that was sitting in someones inventory for awhile. barry grant has a very good reputation and i have to say they stand by their product as i have mine back and better than when i bought it. here's an article that explains what they fixed, it's under thursday:

Racing News Feed

they have things figured out and they stand by their product. although too late for me. i have 2 pumps and i just shipped the 2nd one out to get remanufactured. when i get that one back i will probably keep it simply to have a spare at hand. high horsepower=breakage and race weekends go better with spare parts. talk to someone in their tech support and they are helpful and admit they had a problem that is now rectified.

sort of II

i forgot to mention that we had injector problems, wiring issues and also a fuse link problem. the fuel pump was just 1 on a list of things we had been working thru.

I run that pump...

I bought it off the board from a local guy for $300.00 and yes I sent it in to have it redone/upgraded. It works great and is super quiet. I was one of the guys waiting for BG to get parts in to finish my pump. The pump cannot be mounted anywhere like the Weldon can (U can mount a Weldon on the roof of the car if U want), U have to be sure its mounted at the fuel level in the tank or it simply won't work. If U bring the price down to $300.00 I would take it.

sold

i need cash so looks like we got a deal. tell me about your setup. what problems did you have with your pump?

brian nauman
2120 grant st
elkhart, in 46514

money order or cashiers check work best.