Barrett Jackson GNs

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
just wondering if anyone has seen any of the nationals on air on TV...
there are going to be 3 of them in arizona...
lot #s..

dont know if lot numbers go in order but should be interesting to see what they sell for...
all are original owner or 2 owner cars...documented and all stock..
maybe fetching 30k? who knows

I think the first two should be on todays segment, don't know if they will make it on the televised part or not. I saw the schedule that had 2 run today and the third to run in tomorrows.

My buddy sent me pics of Lot # 408.1

It looks much nicer than the pics on BJ's site.

I wish I had the means to go today and watch. :(

Lot # 408.1 was just hammerd away for $32,000..

I sold my 800 Mile GN for $29,800 about 6 months ago....I should have taken the thing to Barrett Jackson!

yea i just saw that one on tv aswell... i was thinking it was going to fetch a lil more money... couldve prolly used a lil clean up under the hood but it still looked great with all the documents...

wonder what a GNX would fetch nowadays

87ttypeV8 said:
yea i just saw that one on tv aswell... i was thinking it was going to fetch a lil more money... couldve prolly used a lil clean up under the hood but it still looked great with all the documents...

wonder what a GNX would fetch nowadays

Theirs a GNX on E-Bay right now, #474 with 500 original miles. It's at $66,000 right now with few days to go on bidding. :eek:

I sold my 800 Mile GN for $29,800 about 6 months ago....I should have taken the thing to Barrett Jackson!

Yep, Alot of wealthy suckers out there that overpay for almost every car out there :D
On top of that 32k he paid $2,560 for the buyers commision :eek:
So $34.5k for a 15k mi 2 owner GN :eek: Now he possibly has to pay to get it transported home :p and pay the taxes on $34.5k :eek:

They did a fairly good job on the commenatry but they thought that GN's could come with bench seats and the buckets were a good option :tongue:
And the chip has never been changed :p Yeah mine is stock too :wink:

Did anybody see the 91 z28 1le Camaro that went for $43K :eek: I don't care if it has <1k mi, Its a freaking IROC :confused: No matter how you slice it...

Yeah, that price for a 15k mile GN was rediculous. I could have bought 2 19k mile GNs that were here locally for less than $20k. For that kind of price, it had better be a GNX. There a 36k mile GNX on ebay too right now that seems to be way overpriced at $52k. If a 1,500 mile TTA can't fetch more than $25k I don't see how a 15k mile GN can.

The prices posted on the Barrett-Jackson site include the buyer's fee to Barrett-Jackson, so it will show 8% above the bid price.

Of course the seller pays 8% of sale price, also pays registration fee to run it through the auction.

So...let's see,....that F-88 Olds car sold last year for... $3,000,000.... hummm. at 16% comission,.. that's .....

$480,000 :eek: :eek:

2QUIK6 said:
If a 1,500 mile TTA can't fetch more than $25k I don't see how a 15k mile GN can.

I can. The same way a 318 challenger, with a 360 crate motor and some 340 6 pack T/A decals on the fender (though the car had a single 4bbl) can sell for $36K at BJ 2005.

UNGN said:
I can. The same way a 318 challenger, with a 360 crate motor and some 340 6 pack T/A decals on the fender (though the car had a single 4bbl) can sell for $36K at BJ 2005.
Yeah I know, all those folks there at BJ with more $$ than brains. Anyone see the Chysler GTX clone go for over $110k on the first day...it was a clone for God's sake that originally came with a 6-cylinder and a 426 Hemi had been put in its place...an original 426 GTX would have only went for around $125k.

Looks like the 86 GN sold for a more realistic price of $14k with the commision. Not sure how many miles it has but the pics look like its in pretty good shape.
Lot#619

CHARGED said:
Looks like the 86 GN sold for a more realistic price of $14k with the commision. Not sure how many miles it has but the pics look like its in pretty good shape.
Lot#619

I'd like to know the miles on it myself. Not bad considering it wasn't 100% stock and was repainted.

Good thing theres rich people.

I saw a 69 SS Camaro go for 49k. It was certainly a nice car 396 Big block car but it was the 325hp version of that motor. That car couldnt outrun my wifes trailblazer and some rich fool thinks hes got a great deal on a super car. 30k is fair for that car, and the worst part about it is the commentators dont have a clue about American Muscle cars---but they can tell u all about 69 Jaguars------------------Big deal!!

The 86 GN had 90k miles on it and the repaint wasn't that good...the prices for these cars are going through the roof!! Wait until spring....you may see a GNX go for 100k...people just don't seem to be interested in the TTA....

Pete

I didn't get to watch the auction but did anyone notice the busted up horn trim ring on #408.1? For $34k the car better be perfect! Maybe the owner changed it before it went to BJ.

Also the 86 doesnt have the original steering wheel. Maybe they put the stock one back before the auction. :confused: