Bamfords Latest DLS TSM Creation

S2V6RACER

Banned
We dropped the TSM motor down at Dans after the TSM rules were finalized, decided to take advantage of the new rules and the flow/power potential we left on the table by putting on the new intake and we also decided to dump the power steering. There is a custom set of DLS fuel rails coming in later this week. After years of work from Dan delivering the power and his experience we decided to let him pull out all the stops this time and apply latest generation of cam design and more tricks to the TA heads. These heads outflow the latest set of TA/TSO heads out there!!! :eek: :biggrin: We are very confident that this will go to the next level with bad boy 70mm billet TSM 3 bolt turbo...... :D

davesmotor.jpg

engines3.jpg

davesintake.jpg

Dls

Another work of art from Dan Strezo. Does he ever goto sleep? The last time I left his shop it was 8 O' clock at night and they were still working. I see he has a new set of engines ready for delivery since I was there 4 weeks ago.

Ted,
How long unitl you hit the track with it?

What are the new cam spec's?
Are you seeing full throttle gains with the larger throttle body's and increased plenum area?
Motor looks good, any pictures of the inside of it?

We will be out in a week. I don't have the cam specs, not sure what Dan did, it's best I don't know his secrets. :cool:

I was'nt expecting you to give them up:D

Maybe with some form of "Advanced Interrogation Techniques" such as waterboarding, electric shock, pulling nails, or sleep deprivation Ted would give up those cam specs.:eek: Unfortunately now that Obama is in office we are not allowed to use such methods deemed as torture for interrogation. LOL;) :D

PS: Looks great, what are Dave's goals for the car aside from the obvious first 8 sec TSM legal pass??

We were down at the shop doing some thrashing today. We got the engine dropped in today and the new DLS fuel rails were shipped out so we should see them Monday or Tuesday. We should have it fired up and plan on doing some testing next week. We need to do a little fab work to the up-pipe to clear the hood as there it will be cutting it a little too close for comfort with the new intake and DLS fabricated plenum. :cool:

daveengine1.jpg

daveengine2.jpg

We were down at the shop doing some thrashing today. We got the engine dropped in today and the new DLS fuel rails were shipped out so we should see them Monday or Tuesday. We should have it fired up and plan on doing some testing next week. We need to do a little fab work to the up-pipe to clear the hood as there it will be cutting it a little too close for comfort with the new intake and DLS fabricated plenum. :cool:

daveengine1.jpg

daveengine2.jpg

Ted, what's the purpose of the thick spacer used/welded to mate the throttle body to the plenum? I've seen it on all DLS built V6s...

We dropped the TSM motor down at Dans after the TSM rules were finalized, decided to take advantage of the new rules and the flow/power potential we left on the table by putting on the new intake and we also decided to dump the power steering. There is a custom set of DLS fuel rails coming in later this week. After years of work from Dan delivering the power and his experience we decided to let him pull out all the stops this time and apply latest generation of cam design and more tricks to the TA heads. These heads outflow the latest set of TA/TSO heads out there!!! :eek: :biggrin: We are very confident that this will go to the next level with bad boy 70mm billet TSM 3 bolt turbo...... :D

So how did it run at Norwalk? I didn't see any mention of a new record.