ball bearing?

I'm cool Derrick,
I said my peace, Jack is a big boy and if he has more to say, then go for it. As for BB turbo as stated before, I love mine and will never go back to a non-BB. Now If I can just find some one to trade my 60 BB for a 72 BB, that be great,;) ;) ;)

Jason

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Heya Kendall,

Your racegate is in the mail, yeah that's it. ;)

I asked some of the other people here if we ever had a roller style bearing, but everyone gave me the same answer - no.

I don't know where they got the information on that page. Matter of fact, I have a Ceramic BB on my desk from stock, and it has ball bearings.

Hope this helps! :cool:

OK..I think it was the methanol fumes from those cheatin' Hondas then. I stand corrected..you've got balls. :D

Merry Christmas!

Originally posted by KendallF
OK..I think it was the methanol fumes from those cheatin' Hondas then. I stand corrected..you've got balls. :D

Merry Christmas!

Ah boy!
David,hurry up and send him his Racegate,will ya?
I can't take any more of these puns.:( :)

Originally posted by KendallF
...Maybe I'm on drugs but I remember seeing a T'netics rep with a cutaway center section at the Import Battle at Palmdale last year ...and I thought it had rollers (i.e., cylindrical bearings).

Nope, no drugs for you Kendall. I have seen what is probably the exact same cutaway model. Roller bearings they were.

David Sierra,

Have you seen a bearing assembly disassembled? Are you absolutely sure they are spherical? If so snap us some pics as I would like to see them.

Chris S

Hi Chris,

Yes I have seen a bearing assembly disassembled. I have one on my desk as stated in a eariler post, and you can clearly see the ball bearings.

I will try to find someone with a digital camera and get some pictures for you guys. :p

Correct me if I'm wrong here Dave,but the Turbonetics turbos use angular contact bearings,where last I checked the Garretts were using dual radial load bearings.
This allows the T-netics to absorb seven times the end thrust loads that a regular turbo can take,whereas the Garretts can only absorb 7% of the end thrust a normal turbo can take.
This would seem to suggest that the T-netics won't need a sneeze valve to live,whereas the Garretts will need a very good,well tuned sneeze valve otherwise it's "pooch city" for the Garrett.:(

That's a good point. I switched to a BB turbo and the bucking that I used to get when I let of the throttle is gone. I could never explain why. I still don't have a sneeze valve, but the buck is gone.

Good Points

The "buck" is the dreaded compressor surge, esp. common with FMs.

Good to hear it's gone with the BB-turbo.

Wonder if the GT-Series of Garretts have a higher load capability?

:confused:

Re: Good Points

Originally posted by Two Lane
The "buck" is the dreaded compressor surge, esp. common with FMs.

Good to hear it's gone with the BB-turbo.

Wonder if the GT-Series of Garretts have a higher load capability?

:confused:

Those are the dual BB turbos I was refering to.

We're back...

Hey guys!

I finally managed to snap some pictures of our ball bearings, but I have no place to put them.

Anyone willing put them up somewhere for me? :p

Re: We're back...

Originally posted by Turbonetics
Hey guys!

I finally managed to snap some pictures of our ball bearings, but I have no place to put them.

Anyone willing put them up somewhere for me? :p

Dave, send 'em here..since I was the one annoying you for the pics in the first place. :) I'll be online later tonight if you want to DCC 'em to me then...

These are what are inside a REAL turbo! From what i am told.
I should no personally by next week
Got that new T72BB coming:D
Otto