Balancer Spacer & stroker balance

turbotman

OK, how about this one:

I have a 109 Block with a Cat internal balance stroker crank, BHJ internal balancer & a JW internal balance flexplate, all were balanced together when the shortblock was built. I'm finally putting the new motor in my car and putting all the rest of the parts on the block. Then I go to put the stock pulley & balancer spacer on.....well I then notice that the factory spacer has round balance holes drilled in it at different spaces and then check another turbo crank spacer that I have as a spare, it has similar drill marks but in different spaces? Were these spacers balanced to the rotating assembly by the factory or are they balanced to themselves?
I don't want to bolt one up and throw my balance off. Do I have to get a custom spacer made?

Anyone? :confused:

I always have everything balanced together(including the lower pulley assembly). I think you are talking about the factory lower pully adaptor having the balance holes in it. If you replace the factory lower pully with an aftermarket aluminum one, you will be fine. I "think" that the factory holes arre there for neutral balance, but have never spun one myself before. You could take it to your machine shop and have them spin it and check for neutral balance.