BAER Brakes

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
Hey All,

I am thinking of doing BAER front Brakes for the GN.. Any one done this before? If so can you give me info such as kit number or specs and roughly how $$$ they go for?

THANKS!

Cottons Performance is doing a group purchase on Baer Brakes..413-789-0531..Ask for Jack. He'll save you a few bucks and tell you exactly what you need to order. I just finished putting mine on a month ago and can't wait to try them out..

First thing you have to do is decide what wheels you want to use.

Some 16's will fit with the 12" systems.

For the 13" systems you probably need 17" rims.

They have templates on the Baer site that shows you how much room each system takes up within the wheel.

Gotta measure that stuff first and then pick a system or call Jack for more info.

I had some 15" T wheels milled down a bit and hope to run the SPORT 12" system on them.

I measured my milled wheel on Scotts 12" front brakes and they seem to fit so I'm hoping for the best. :cool:

Jack said he could add people to the GP after the initial order was placed but I would call him to verify that and pricing.

Save about 10% or so.

My system was about $1100 with a couple of options. Zinc washed rotors and slotted, didn't go with drilled.

Other options are lowering control arm setups and all, I went with the standard modified G body stock spindles.

System comes with larger 1/2" lugs but they supply the lugnuts too I believe. Comes with new braided steel hoses as well.

That's about all I know until the kit and my credit card bill show up. :D

Nice kits. :)

mine also came with a neato mini rotor key chain and license plate frame :D The Kit has EVERYTHING. I think it even came with new kotter pins for the ball joints. In any case, you have to send Baer your old spindels or pay a $150 core charge.

Well,

Guess I am too late, looks like you guys got it handled! :)

Any other questions feel free to contact me direct!

Rick Elam
Baer Brake Systems
(602) 233-11411 x 24

1987 White-T (In hundreds of pieces and 4 bedrooms) :)

Rick you ain't too late. :)

What about the rear brake systems?

Do they work with the stock rear end and all?

Options?

Hey Guys,

SalvageV6, the rear system we offer is called the Touring. It features a single piston PBR aluminum caliper that is mounted to a 12" x .810" rotor. This system will include everything needed to mount directly to the factory rear end (including park brake cables) and starts at $825.00. If you want to add a slot, zinc it is an additional $100.00

Aperrago, Front systems with plain rotors start at $1,025.00 (this is for the Sport 12" x 1.10" rotors). Rotor options like slot/zinc or slot/drill/zinc are an additional $100.00 per pair. Plus as noted below there is a core charge for an additional $150.00 that is refundable when you send your spindle back to us.

Hope that helps! :)
Thanks
Rick Elam

Rick you the Man, now I gotta call Jack up and spend mo' money. :rolleyes:

Hope the GP is still open. :)

What is the total price for the Cottons gp? Is it for the front Baer brakes only? or is it to late to get it...

Gotta call Jack for most of your questions especially the last one.

I ordered a front and a rear set so that is possible.

Takes about a month to get them as they are custom made due to your options on the discs, rotors, and all.

Fronts are available in several 12" and 13" packages.

He can order them all.

Contact Baer tech. or their website first to see what will fit your car.

Then call Jack back, call him first to verify you can still get in, and tell him the system you want and what options.

He'll get you the price. It's about a 10% savings.

All I know......

Too Late?

Anyone know if Jack can still GP order these? Also, any recommendations for rims after retrofit?

All I have to say is my Baer Brakes are Awesome, I used to be timid to drive my Formula, now it actually stops. The kit was complete, and I needed to buy nothing to get them on, just time.

I got mine through Lingenfelter for about $200 less than enywhere else...

John

House of Kolor Candy Apple Red :)... sorry not a GS :(... but my mom does have a 67 GS :D... yes my mom, hers is Riviera Plum...
67Rivbridge.jpg

Old pic... need some new ones... looks the same tho.

Arguably the best looking car ever designed. :)

Nice color too.

Not so crazy about the Plum purple ones. :D

Got a rotting Gold one with deluxe black interior in da yard.

Gotta take the good parts off it someday and get rid of her. :(

Deluxe interior???
I think thats my interior, but in white, Bucket seats with column shift, only seen a few others like it. But my car originally had NO options except for AC... originally an AZ car $600 back in Dec 1988.

My car was I think GG Gold, not the Riviera Gold but the standard Gold, with White interior.

John

If my memory serves me right, which is rare :D the deluxe interior option is easy to tell since there is a rear door handle so the backseat people can open up that huge door from the backseat. Double handles on the door panel.

Thought your car was originally a stock red one, neighbor had a '66 back in the old days and that car was sweet and loaded.

Mines got A/C and Cruise, Power windows, not sure what else, haven't been inside it in 10 years now. :eek:

Like stated above, the only factory options I am aware of is it has the Bucket seats with center console, and AC... My car does not have the back seat door handles.

Would you believe me if I told you I used to run about a 15 Flat in the Quarter, Unfortunately I would get wheel spin from inexperience. But I figure that is respectable from 4300# of raw steel...

Since this is a Brake thread, I will put my Big ole Drum brakes up against any disk brake setup. I locked them up going 70Mph in OH when going to the Buick Nationals (someone cut me off in a FORD Aerostar many moons ago) no damage.

John

Console and buckets are great in that car.

Good brakes for that era as well.

Very heavy car and I believe the 15 with the 430 torquer. :)

Reason I am keeping my car. Motor parts.